Manage episode 220012668 series 1393286
I am so excited to bring you the third installment of our Ally Conversation series. Today’s guest is Pankit Doshi, the President of the National Asian Pacific American Bar Association (NAPABA).
In addition to his role with NAPABA, Pankit is a Partner at McDermott Will & Emery LLP, where he focuses his practice on employment law.
In this episode, you’ll learn how NAPABA acts as the national voice for the Asian Pacific American legal profession and promoting justice, equity and opportunity for all Asian Pacific Americans. You’ll hear not only about the progress that has been made through their efforts over the years but the challenges Asian Pacific Americans are still facing in the legal profession and what we can all do to further their cause.
I would love for you to come join Pankit and me in the All Rise LinkedIn group. To join us, all you have to do is go to http://heatherjoyhubbard.com/linkedin.
Things you will learn in this episode:
- Why NAPABA was formed 30 years ago and what its mission entails
- How racism has directly impacted Pankit in his own life
- Startling statistics from recent studies
- What’s holding back Asian Pacific American lawyers from not only entering the legal profession but advancing in it at the highest levels
- What it takes for effective diversity programming in law firms
- The ways NAPABA is getting their message out to the legal profession as a whole
- What we can do to support our Asian Pacific Americans colleagues
Get full show notes and more information here: http://www.hustleandflowpodcast.com/90
137 episodes available. A new episode about every 6 days averaging 30 mins duration .