Hungry for Android with a Side of Home Automation? Get All You Can Eat at the Android Buffet
Manage episode 248602051 series 8373
- Fibre's are dead - long live "Virtual Threads"
- Undelimited continuations are not functions
- R2DBC 0.8.0 goes GA - Reactive database clients for Java
- RUST: Shipping a compiler every 6 weeks
- Microsoft: We're creating a new Rust-based programming language for secure coding
- I.e. they're not, this is just another research language. MS is however still heavily looking at rust, and employing rust developers.
- Unleashing the (Armed) Bear past Java 11
- Using Jlink to shrink your webservices… including nativeimages in the followup tweets
- Style guide for Text Blocks
- Lambda performance in node - regressions:
- Version 13.5.0 -- Questionable Changes? "My testing indicates that the for...of construct is about 60-70% slower as opposed to a classic for(let i; i; i++)."
- JEP 305: Pattern Matching for instanceof (Preview) was proposed to target.
- JEP 343: Packaging Tool (Incubator) was proposed to target.
- JEP 345: NUMA-Aware Memory Allocation for G1 was integrated.
- JEP 349: JFR Event Streaming was integrated.
- JEP 352: Non-Volatile Mapped Byte Buffers was targeted.
- JEP 358: Helpful NullPointerExceptions was integrated.
- JEP 359: Records (Preview) was integrated.
- JEP 361: Switch Expressions (Standard) was integrated.
- JEP 362: Deprecate the Solaris and SPARC Ports
- JEP 363: Remove the Concurrent Mark Sweep (CMS) Garbage Collector was targeted.
- JEP 364: ZGC on macOS was targeted.
- JEP 366: Deprecate the ParallelScavenge + SerialOld GC Combination was proposed to target.
- JEP 367: Remove the Pack200 Tools and API was targeted to JDK 14.
- JEP 368: Text Blocks (Second Preview) was proposed to target.
- Thread suspend/resume are now deprecated for removal (build 21)
- Added LuxTrust Global Root 2 Certificate (build 24)
- NUMA JEP mentioned last week now has an Implementation merged for "NUMA-Aware Memory Allocation for G1":