Manage episode 204699917 series 8373
It may have just clocked into April, but the first Illegal Argument of the year is finally here, much delayed, and extra long in it’s twists and turns of… well, let’s face it - you know it would be build didn’t you….
- JEP-223 - New Version-String Scheme
- Redfin Video on converting from Maven to Bazel (YouTube link)
- IntelliJ Bazel Plugin/Tooling
- Issues with Multiple Dependency Versions with Bazel
- Mark: My suspicion is the issue came from automatically generating bazel WORKSPACE/BUILD files from Maven.
- Guide to Writing Maven Plugins
- Polyglot Maven
- Maven Compiler Plugin - annotation-processor paths
- XML namespace issues in ‘other languages’
- GraalVM Released for Public Use
- Gluon JavaFX
- Three Rings - Get Down
- Removal of Pack200 - Slow and unreliable downloads of the Java Runtime Environment (JRE), the Java Software Development Kit (JDK) and deployment of JAR-archives, was a serious impediment to the Java adoption in its early years. This was due to sparse class-files, and short comings of the JAR-format and compressors available. JSR-200 and pack200 attempted to mitigate this problem by hyper-compressing the class-files.