Manage episode 255640224 series 2521810
About this Episode
Nolan Pelletier (Web; IG) is an illustrator and designer based in Toronto Canada. Nolan's deep love for collecting antiques, art and printed ephemera influences his work very deeply. Over the years he has developed a unique style and voice combining his love of inky, blotty lines and textured color. Nolan's deft deployment of the graphic and the ornamental peppered with a healthy dose of humor has attracted clients like the NYT, the New Yorker, New Republic, NY Magazine and many more.
In this conversation we talk about:
- Nolan's love for collecting
- How Nolan met and eventually befriended one of his creative heroes
- Nolan's side project the Somnolent Garden Rambler
- Texture tricks and making inky lines in Photoshop
- How Nolan's work evolved over time
- Nolan's advice for illustrators starting out
Comprehensive Show Notes:
Find all the links to books, projects and things we discussed via the link below:
Episode Show Notes
Support the Show
Thank you for listening to Illustration Hour. As you might know, the show currently doesn't have any sponsors.
Each episode takes a tremendous amount of time, effort and some money to produce. I do all of that work myself. So, if you want to support the show, please consider doing one (or all!) of these things:
- Subscribe to the show's weekly newsletter Art Club
- Leave the show a review and rating on Apple Podcasts
- Sign up for a free trial of Skillshare for 2 months of free access using this link (I earn a commission for everyone that signs up and you do not need to pay for Skillshare at the end of your trial). Skillshare is amazing and you'll be able to check out tons of great courses on illustration and design as a thank you.
- Share the show and the newsletter with others!
- Thank you for helping me continue to make the show possible.
Follow the podcast: