Ep. 152 - Precedential Decisions from 3/20/2023 - 3/26/2023 (venue; forum; choice of law; hardship challenge; regulatory interpretation; illegal reentry; 287(g) agreements; malicious wounding; crime of violence)
Manage episode 359064151 series 2857723
Matter of Garcia, 28 I&N Dec. 693 (BIA 2023)
- venue; forum; choice of law; Auer; regulatory interpretation; INA § 242(b)(2); 8 C.F.R. § 1003.14(a); 8 C.F.R. § 1003.20(a); hardship challenge; arbitrary and capricious; comparing hardship case to other cases
U.S. v. Alas, No. 22-4193 (4th Cir. Mar. 24, 2023)
- illegal reentry; 8 U.S.C. § 1326; malicious wounding in violation of VA Code § 18.2-51; statute of limitations; § 287(g) agreements; challenging state court police immigration arrest; aggravated felony crime of violence; Borden
Sponsors and friends of the podcast!
Kurzban Kurzban Tetzeli and Pratt P.A.
Immigration, serious injury, and business lawyers serving clients in Florida, California, and all over the world for over 40 years.
"Modern immigration software & case management"
Joorney Business Plans
"Business-critical documents for every stage of your journey"
For 30% off use code: REVJOORNEY30
Want to become a patron?
- About your host
- More episodes
- Case notes
- Top 15 immigration podcast in the U.S.
- Recent criminal-immigration article (p.18)
- Featured in San Diego Voyager
Immigration Review® is a podcast made available for educational purposes only. It does not provide legal advice. Rather, it offers general information and insights from publicly available immigration cases. By accessing and listening to the podcast, you understand that there is no attorney-client relationship between you and the host. The podcast should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney in your state.
"Loopster," "Bass Vibes," "Chill Wave," and "Funk Game Loop" Kevin MacLeod - Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 4.0
Support the show