Manage episode 206632791 series 1400945
We share tips for optimizing your contacts list so it works more efficiently. Tune in for a great discount on a ticket to Macstock 2018! Full show notes are at InTouchwithiOS.com
Google News vs. Apple News on iOS — MacRumors
Apple Drops Lightning to USB-C Cable from $25 to $19 — Mac Observer
iPhone 7 Plus tops customer satisfaction survey — Cult of Mac
Castro 3 Review: The Castro You’ve Always Wanted — Macstories
Topics: Dave switched to TMobile from AT&T and shares his experience
Contacts App Tips: • Begin at: Settings > Contacts
• Enable Siri & Search even if you turn off Siri for voice search because it’s really useful for looking people up on your iPhone to call them just by pulling down on the home screen
• Sort Order & Display Order: pick something and stick to it then change it on all your devices for consistency
• Short Name - helpful if you’re the type of person who uses a lot of nicknames
• My Info - very important to make sure this is set up properly; I see people adding a second contact card for themselves and making a mess of duplicates because of it; setting this up properly with all fields filled out helps to make filling out online forms less of a chore
• Default Account - this means when you create a new card, it will go to this account if you do not specify otherwise
• Another note on importing, iMazing is a handy app to have for importing contacts from an iOS device so you can better organize them on your Mac if you’re helping a family member, friend or colleague to get set up with their first iOS device PSA: Lots of seniors are getting Bluetooth Hearing Aids and some are feeling really disturbed by the phone ringing in their ears. Help your loved ones out with this if it’s become an issue. Settings > General > Accessibility > Hearing and make the necessary adjustments.
Apps and Gear: WyzeCam for monitoring your home from your iOS device
Manything for monitoring your home using the camera on a repurposed iOS device
iMazing for managing contacts on an iOS device with a Mac
We have special discount code for our listeners that will save you $70 off the full price of a 2-Day Weekend Pass to Macstock 2018!
Meta: 028 Getting More Out of Contacts App was recorded May 23, 2018. “Please Listen Carefully” by Jahzzar is licensed under CC BY-SA 4.0. In Touch with iOS or “ITWIOS” is an independently produced podcast, publication and social identity and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Apple Inc. iOS is a trademark or registered trademark of Cisco in the U.S. All other Apple Inc. trademarks discussed are the property of Apple Inc. A full list of Apple trademarks is available here. Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google Inc. We may use affiliate links for products in show notes. When appropriate, software, products, or services provided for review purposes will be disclosed. Unless otherwise noted, these products or services are not a sponsor. Your patronage helps to support our content production at no additional cost to you and does not alter our honest opinion of said product or service.
36 episodes available. A new episode about every 25 days averaging 57 mins duration .