Manage episode 218632353 series 1400945
037 Special Guest Allison Sheridan from Nosillacast Podcast - iOS 12 Tips and Apple Watch Fitness
Special guest Allison Sheridan from the NosillaCast Podcast is joining Dave Ginsburg to discuss How the Apple Watch Series 4 has help her even more with fitness.
Full show notes are at InTouchwithiOS.com
Apple Watch - Allison and I both have the new Series 4 and we discussed what we like and dislike. Also, the new fitness features do you use them and are they beneficial. Features discussed include
- BATTERY!!! 40% left at the end of day after 2 workouts. I was getting low battery warning around 6/7 pm
- Workout updates
- Start and stop workouts
- Walkie Talkie
- Activity Competitions
- In my first one!
- Advanced Running Features
- Things launch quickly but my favorite is hitting done on a workout when I want to start the new one
- Heart rate doesn't lose track for Steve, and Lindsay gets full exercise credit on walks now
- Fall detection - why i turned it on - I fall a LOT
- Series 4 Apple Watch: How Much Different Is It in Size to Series 3? - Podfeet.com
- Group Notifications by App - Swipe left and and easily get to the settings
- Temporarily disable notifications
- Hidden Weather Lock Screen Widget enabled
- Turn on Flashlight with Siri. You can do that now.
- Enable Favicons in Safari Allison any tips you would like to share?
- Print to PDF from email on iOS
- Tiny Tip - Mark Up Emails on iPad or iPhone without a 3rd Party App https://www.podfeet.com/blog/2018/10/tt-mark-up-emaisl/
We get Allison’s take on the new iPhone Xs and what she thinks of hers so far. We love the camera!
Siri Shortcuts and Shortcuts
Allison has some opinions on the use of the use of shortcuts and Siri shortcuts we had a discussion about this and some tips on what you would want to do with them.
- Only Shortcut Allison found so far: On The Sweet Setup I found Frameshot X which puts an iPhone X frame around your screenshots
Meta: 037 Special Guest Allison Sheridan from Nosillacast Podcast iOS 12 TIps and Apple Watch Fitness was recorded October 8, 2018. “Please Listen Carefully” by Jahzzar is licensed under CC BY-SA 4.0. In Touch with iOS or “ITWIOS” is an independently produced podcast, publication and social identity and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Apple Inc. iOS is a trademark or registered trademark of Cisco in the U.S. All other Apple Inc. trademarks discussed are the property of Apple Inc. A full list of Apple trademarks is available here. Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google Inc. We may use affiliate links for products in show notes. When appropriate, software, products, or services provided for review purposes will be disclosed. Unless otherwise noted, these products or services are not a sponsor. Your patronage helps to support our content production at no additional cost to you and does not alter our honest opinion of said product or service.
39 episodes available. A new episode about every 23 days averaging 57 mins duration .