Manage episode 332239940 series 3364122
IndyKids reporters Charlotte and Lucas interview award-winning writer and environmental journalist, Antonia Juhasz, about her path in climate reporting, how she centers activists and impacted people in her coverage, and what gives her hope.
Key terms to listen for:
Food and fisheries
- How did Antonia start covering the climate crisis?
- What is solutions journalism?
- Why does Antonia prioritize women— – and women of color specifically— – in her reporting?
- What kinds of expertise does Antonia look to highlight in her reporting?
- What are some of the challenges Antonia has faced in her journalism career?
IndyKids Reporters – Charlotte Osoria and Lucas Muñoz Jetmore
Produced by Emily Löwinger, Isis Phillips, and Julia Thomas
Edited + Music by Emily Löwinger
Audio Mentor – Jo Corona
Show Intro Music by Luca Cantagallo
Additional Music by Emily Löwinger
Original Artwork by Cayzlen Rodriguez
Special thanks to Emma Gaffney and Jo Corona
We’d like to thank The New York Community Trust and Wolf Family for their support.