Manage episode 244840869 series 1258775
Expat Tax is a subject that I often get asked about from listeners. These are individuals that may be leaving or returning to Ireland. Tax being such a specialist area I felt the best thing to do was to invite someone onto the show who specialises in tax mobility.
I was delighted to be joined by Barry Murphy of Expat Tax Services Ireland (www.etsi.ie). In this episode we discussed and chatted about:
- Tax Domicile and Residence, and the impact these have
- Pension transfers across different countries
- Applying for tax reliefs and grants on relocation
- Employment Tax Reliefs
- How to benefit from State Pension if living/relocating from abroad
- Special Assignee Relief Programme (SARP Ireland)
- How to split your tax year between countries
- Foreign Earning Deduction (FED Ireland)
Expat Tax is such a niche area, with limited credible information available.
If you know anyone currently living abroad whose thinking of coming back to these fair shores, do them a favour and send this to them! And vice-versa!
I hope it is of value.