Manage episode 282904369 series 2860722
In this episode I will explain why companies are focusing on the wrong thing when it comes to “digital transformation", why the over-reliance on technology can massively hurt your company, why companies are not and will not become innovative by simply using technology and finally, why there's very little opportunity to gain a lasting competitive advantages against competitors.
In this episode #001 we will cover:
- Why companies, especially in Germany are focusing on the wrong thing when it comes to “digital transformation.
- Why the over-reliance on technology can massively hurt your company. I’ll do this by citing various examples from vastly different industries and fields.
- Why companies are not and will not become innovative by using technology and why there's very little opportunity to gain a lasting competitive advantages against competitors,
- The very dangerous assumption of why, despite the increased importance of IT, this does not translate into a lasting competitive advantage,
- What distinguishes proprietary from infrastructural technologies,
- How competitive advantages erode over time, by looking at past technologies,
- What makes IT a simple commodity input and not a strategic advantage to enterprises,
- Why companies need to focus on threats rather than opportunities and should keep IT expenditure in check,
- Why companies should not be first-movers and why there’s no shame in following your competitors when it comes to adopting new IT technologies.
Show Notes, Transcription, & Resources Mentioned: gammabeyond.com/en/podcast/001
Podcast Website: www.innovationalcorrectness.com
If you enjoyed this episode, could I ask you for one small favor?
Would you please consider rating and reviewing this podcast on iTunes, Overcast or the podcast app of your choice? It really helps us out, by encouraging more people to find our podcast and reach hard-to-get guests.
Last but not least, if you have any suggestions for further episodes or guests should be invited on this podcast or just have feedback, shoot us a quick email: email@example.com or fill out our feedback form.
Follow & add David on: