Inspire Nation | Daily Inspiration - Motivation - Meditation | Law of Attraction | Health | Career | Spirituality | Self-Help
HOW TO FIND MORE TIME IN YOUR DAY!!! Jocelyn Glei! Health | Career | Inspiration | Self-Help | Inspire
Manage episode 178598046 series 98928
If you’ve ever struggled to find the time to get the things done you want to get done, or to finish your day feeling you’ve been productive and on-task, then do we have the time management show for you!
Today I’ll be talking with Jocelyn K. Glei, formerly editor-in-chief and director of 99u.com and the editor of a new favorite book on organization I wish I’d had years ago, Manage Your Day-to-Day.
Today we’ll be talking about just that managing your day to day and Building Routines, finding your focus and sharpening your creative mind.
That plus we’ll talk about the ultradian rhythm, the best use for a post-it, why we all want to get lonely, the dangers of email apnea, and what in the world is a technology Shabbat.
Self-Help and Self-Improvement Questions & Topics Include:
- How Jocelyn Glei got good at time management
- What’s the importance of a routine?
- What Steven King says about routines?
- What’s the importance of front-loading (doing creative work first, reactive work second)
- How do we train people that we might not get back to email right away.
- Why we want to beware of the cycle of addiction with our email, social media and our smart phones
- What’s the concept of ‘random rewards’ and how we become trained to our email and smart phones
- What’s the hangover effect, and how does this rule our day.
- What are the building blocks of a great daily routine
- What is a creative trigger – a concept from Mark McGuiness
- How Michael wrote College Confidence with ADD with the music of Vivaldi
- One of Mark’s saying “If it won’t fit on a post-it, it won’t fit in your day”
- What’s the Benjamin Franklin method and when’s the best time to do it?
- What’s the importance of making a daily to-do list the night or day before?
- What can Gretchen Rubin The Happiness Project tell us about time Management and the power of momentum
- What Seth Godin can tell us about honing our creative practice?
- How do we build renewal into our work day
- Why is sleep more important than food – from Tony Schwartz
- What’s the ultradian rhythm and research from Eric Anderson on how long we can perform at a high level
- While looking at Facebook is not taking a break
- Why Jocelyn uses swimming to take a break, and has a dog, which helps her to take a break.
- What’s the importance of solitude and creating the first block for your solitude
- Leo Babalta who writes the zen habits blog talks about how we’ve become incredibly uncomfortable with solitude
- How do we realize to shut the screen, step back, and get away from our computers (buddhify and headspace are mindfulness and meditation aps)
- How we can keep our long-term goals on our minds – from Erin Dignan
- In her future book how you can create a mental hierarchy of who matters to help you get things done (and get through your email) see Jocelyn Glei’s next book coming out this fall, Unsubscribe
- Why Inbox zero may not be as great as you think
- What’s the difference between a compulsive behavior and something that’s constructive
- What we can learn from Jeff Bezos and preserving unstructured time
- What’s a technology Shabbat – from filmmaker and founder of webby awards, Tiffany Schlain.
- What are email apnea and screen apnea – from Linda Stone who has a great Ted Med talk (The Wonders of a Wandering Mind- http://www.tedmed.com/talks/show?id=293027
- What’s the importance of getting out of the fight or flight mode when working, checking email, or at any time!
- What’s it mean “In imagination we trust”?
- Why do we practice unnecessary creation (Scott McDowell)
- Why it’s so important to kick the perfectionism habit
- What Anders Ericcson of Peak has to say about deliberate practice and feedback
- What he said about Malcolm Gladwell’s 10,000 hour rule
- What we can learn from Bill Bradley (John McPhee wrote it) “A Sense of Where You Are”
- Why is repetition the enemy of insight?
- What Stefan Sagmeister talks about very creative or ‘oblique’ strategies.
- What Steven Pressfield means about going pro, being a pro, and doing the work
- Why ideas aren’t the hard part, execution is
- What we want to know about Unsubscribe coming out in October.
- What’s the importance of self-love or being kind and gentle on yourself through this process?
- Why we have to watch our inner-critic
- jkglei.com – Jocelyn’s website
- What we can learn from Toddy Henry, Julia Cameron, and morning pages
Jocelyn Glei shares incredible time management tools from Seth Godin, Gretchen Rubin, Steven Pressfield & Cal Newport! Inspiration | Meditation | Inspirational | Motivational | Career | Spiritual | Spirituality | Self-Improvement | Self-Help | Inspire
For More Info Visit: www.InspireNationShow.com
931 episodes available. A new episode about every day averaging 69 mins duration .