Manage episode 231942315 series 98928
If you’ve ever wanted to change your state of consciousness and awareness, to live an ecstatic life, then do we have the Peak Brain show for you.
Today I’ll be talking with Dr. Andrew Hill hold a pHD in Cognitive Neuroscience From UCLA, and continues to do research on attention and cognition. He’s also a leading peak performance coach.
Dr. Andrew Hill’s specialty is helping people rewire their minds for more happiness, and brain power—think a more positive emotional state with greater focus, concentration and memory! And (Dad if you’re listening!) at any age!
He call’s it ecstatic living or peak brain performance!
So today we’ll talk about accessing this state, and how what he calls “shift happens”, or how you can literally change and rewire the mind, with tips you can begin today. Dr. Hill talks about how we’re constantly rewiring our minds, in all that we do. We can rewire to strengthen the mind, weaken the mind, to dwell on the negatives, or learn how to focus on the positives.
In today’s show we look at ways to strengthen the mind for greater happiness and vitality; think more energy, more positive emotions, and greater motivation to get things done. And think more vibrancy in your life, from creativity, music, dance and more.
Plus we talk about diets for the brain, how to sleep better, brain training you can begin today, and tips for kids too, especially those with ADHD.
If you have a mind, and you want to sharpen it, or simply feel better, and more energized through your day, then you’ll want to check this out!
Train Your Brain Self-Improvement and Self-Help Topics Include:
- How did early school life as a student with ADHD affect him?
- What happened in 7th grade that changed the course of his life.
- How did Dr. Hill end up studying the brain?
- What did he learn while interning with Larry Hirschberg of the Neurodevelopment center in Providence?
- What was his experience with developmentally challenged students?
- How’d he get inspired to go to school for his PhD?
- What does dancing on mountain-tops have to do with ecstatic experiences?
- What are peak experiences and what do the have to do with the brain?
- What’s the importance of getting out of your head?
- What does it mean to access a place of extraordinary consciousness for extraordinary reality?
- How can we have peak epxeriences without going to the top of the mountain?
- What can we learn about the mind from the Buddhist 4 Noble Truths?
- What does it mean that shift happens?
- Can we change the brain at any age?
- Is the brain always changing?
- What’s the importance of mindfulness?
- What does meditation look like to him, and how can it help?
- Why is active meditation so important?
- What’s the benefit of piano lessons for the brain, particularly as one is aging?
- What activities can people, especially as they age, do to stack success for the mind?
- What are some of the best activities to reverse aging in the mind?
- What’s the importance of struggle for the brain?
- How do we restructure our brains through exercises for the mind?
- What are some exercises we can do for our own minds?
- How can neurofeedback help the brain?
- What’s the importance of sleep for the brain, and how does it change the brain?
- What’s the importance of getting 2-3 minutes of sunlight first thing in the morning?
- What’s the danger to sugar for the brain?
- What advice would Dr. Andrew Hill give for parents if they have a child diagnosed with ADHD?
- What one homework assignment can we begin to work on our brains today?
- To find out more go to: PeakBrainInstitute.com
For More Info Visit: www.InspireNationShow.com