Manage episode 228717642 series 98928
There's so much media and hype these days around a plant-based diet, I wanted to have on a guest to help you, if you want to get started.
No one diet is right for everyone, but typically the hardest thing in starting a dietary change is knowing what in the world to eat...which is why I was so excited to have the plant-based Dr. Neal D. Barnard on the show.
I thought of my parents when recording this one, I know how hard of a challenge it's been for my dad to incorporate a green-smoothie into his daily routine. But he's done so, and I couldn't be prouder of him.
If you're looking to up your nutrition, and round the corner with your health, then this show may be for you.
I hope you enjoy the interview, and the food too!!! WOO HOO!!!
If you’ve ever wanted to boost your health, or go plant-based, then do we have the Vegan Starter Kit show for you!
Today I’ll be talking with Dr. Neal Barnard, NY Times Best-selling author, one of the leading authorities on Plant-Based diets, and the author of a fun guide to shifting your diet, The Vegan Starter Kit.
And that’s just what I want to talk with him about today, about what you need to know about getting started with plant-based eating.
The Vegan Starter Kit Self-Improvement & Self-Help Topics Include:
- How did Bill Clinton end up on a plant-based diet?
- And Ellen DeGeneres?
- What happened to Venus Williams and why did she go plant based?
- What did Dr. Barnard discover years ago when performing autopsies?
- What was his health like, and how did he begin to shift?
- What are some of the benefits of a plant-based diet?
- What are the rules for going plant-based?
- What are some of the challenges of eating meat and diary?
- How can a plant-based diet help with pregnancy?
- How does one start on a plant-based diet?
- What are some of the easiest foods to substitute?
- What are some of the hidden sources of dairy to watch out for?
- How can going plant-based help you lose weight?
- How can a plant-based diet help with diabetes?
- How can it help with high blood pressure?
- How can it help with cancer?
- And with inflammation???
- How do you get enough protein on a plant-based diet?
- What about iron?
- What do we need to know about plant-based diets for kids?
- How we can help ourselves, and our kids in social situations?
- And for women pre-menapause?
- And for cramping?
- What do we need to know about the latest diets and diet trends?
- What's the easiest way to try it and transition???
- To find out more visit: www.PCRM.org
For more info, free meditations, weekly tips, stories and similar shows visit: www.InspireNationShow.com
1239 episodes available. A new episode about every day averaging 66 mins duration .