Manage episode 189266526 series 1019968
From increasing the sales of a major bread company to boosting awareness of a vitamin supplements brand, Matt Hurle is a leader of the pack when it comes to selling your brand. At the forefront of the rising industry of influencers, Matt is the Sales Director at TRIBE, a company that aims to connect multi-million-dollar brands with everyday people through micro-influencers.
A micro-influencer is identified as an individual with a minimum of 3,000 followers/likes on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram who has a pre-built audience that engages regularly. As one of the newest tools in marketing, micro-influencers provide brands with a doorway into the lives of consumers by subtly endorsing products and events to their following.
It’s entirely cut out the middleman and makes it easier for brands to target future customers. Unlike purchasing a time slot on TV or clipping in the paper which targets a broad audience, it’s a highly efficient process and as discussed with Matt has proven results. The idea behind this new approach to marketing is rather than having a commercial pushing a product at the consumer and telling them to buy, an influencer is merely recommending it to you and thus increases the chance of sales.
Discussed this week:
- The reach that micro-influencers have over celebrities with millions of followers
- Why brands should start embracing micro-influencers and implementing them into their marketing strategies
- Looking at government departments embracing influencers
- How the Victorian Government hired 30 influencer mums and broke Twitter
- How easy it is to become an influencer (only 3,000 followers/likes!)
- Influencing as the future of marketing
136 episodes available. A new episode about every 9 days averaging 34 mins duration .