Manage episode 169217759 series 179436
Jim Wagner (The Boomer) joins Jeff (The Gen Xer) and Allen (The Millennial) for a conversation about generational stereotypes, what function they serve, and why they exist in the first place. They explore economic and cultural contexts, deconstruct a few of the common characterizations of their own age groups, and suggest ways to combat this kind of thinking. Then, having all served as preachers in their respective careers, their skills are put to the test in another round of Jesus Juke.
Conversation on Generational Stereotypes (01:02)
Jesus Juke Segment (50:05)
From Our Generational Stereotypes Conversation
- Homosexuality and the Church – Interview with Jim and Richard – 014 (Irenicast Episode)
- The Silent Generation (Wikipedia)
- Baby Boomers (Wikipedia)
- Generation X (Wikipedia)
- Millennials (Wikipedia)
- Millennials Don't Exist! Adam Conover at Deep Shift (YouTube Video)
- You've Gotta Love Millennials - Micah Tyler (YouTube Video)
- For Interns, All Work and No Payoff - Millennials Feel Trapped in a Cycle of Internships With Little Pay and No Job Offers (Article)
- Latchkey kid (Wikipedia)
- Why Did Millennials Ruin Everything? - Idea Channel (YouTube Video)
- Auntie Mame (film) … Jim mentions a line from this movie. “Live! Live! Life's a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!”
A big thank you to Jim Wagner for joining us on this episode.
Thank you for listening to Irenicast. If you appreciate the show please consider sharing your appreciation by rating, reviewing and/or subscribing to the podcast on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, or whatever platform you’re listening on.
You can also help support the show financially by going to irenicast.com/amazon to do your Amazon shopping. This will cost you nothing, but Amazon will give a portion of the proceeds to the show.
ADD YOUR VOICE TO THE CONVERSATION
Join our post-evangelical conversations on faith and culture by interacting with us through the following links:
Read Us on our blog Irenicon
Email Us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Like Us on Facebook
See Us on Instagram
Support Us on Amazon
Intro and Outro music created by Mike Golin.
This post may contain affiliate links. An Irenicon is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.co
149 episodes available. A new episode about every 18 days averaging 64 mins duration .