Manage episode 169804631 series 179436
The making of Bucket Lists, the having of #lifegoals, the pursuit of pleasure - what role does pleasure play in giving our lives meaning? Is it central? This week, the dynamic trio discusses hedonism and pleasure, Christian adaptations a la John Piper, neurochemistry, conditioning, and whether or not the small things ought to command at least a little of our attention. A “I’ve Never” segment then reveals just how cosmopolitan each of them are.
Hedonism and Pleasure Conversation (01:05)
I’ve Never Segment (55:31)
From Our Conversation on Hedonism and Pleasure
- The Idea Channel (YouTube Channel)
- Is Pleasure The Secret to a Good Life? | Thought Experiment: The Experience Machine (YouTube Video)
- Christian Hedonism
- Westworld (Television Series)
- Pavlov's Dogs
- Shopping, Dopamine, and Anticipation (Psychology Today Article)
- An Astronaut's Guide to Life on Earth: What Going to Space Taught Me About Ingenuity, Determination, and Being Prepared for Anything by Chris Hadfield (Book - Amazon Affiliate Link)
- Chesley Sullenberger “Sully”
Thank you for listening to Irenicast. If you appreciate the show please consider sharing your appreciation by rating, reviewing and/or subscribing to the podcast on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, or whatever platform you’re listening on.
You can also help support the show financially by going to irenicast.com/amazon to do your Amazon shopping. This will cost you nothing, but Amazon will give a portion of the proceeds to the show.
ADD YOUR VOICE TO THE CONVERSATION
Join our post-evangelical conversations on faith and culture by interacting with us through the following links:
Read Us on our blog Irenicon
Email Us at email@example.com
Like Us on Facebook
See Us on Instagram
Support Us on Amazon
Intro and Outro music created by Mike Golin.
This post may contain affiliate links. An Irenicon is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com
150 episodes available. A new episode about every 18 days averaging 64 mins duration .