Manage episode 199574821 series 179436
This is the story of Intersections, told by pastors Allen, Casey, Bonnie and Raj -- a diverse group of clergy with their own stories of leaving Evangelical and Fundamentalist communities of faith. Together they’ve established a group for spiritual conversations between people with similar paths. Jeff and Adam (from Divine Cinema) host the roundtable.
From Our Intersections Roundtable
- Get more information on Intersections at https://www.facebook.com/theintersections/
- You can hear more of Adam on these Irenicast episodes or on every episode of Divine Cinema.
- UCC - United Church of Christ (Denomination of our guests)
- Loomis Basin Congregational United Church of Christ (Rev. Casey Tinnin’s Church)
- Parkside Community Church (Boonie’s Church)
- Elk Grove Congregational Church (Allen’s Church)
- Seventh Day Adventist (Bonnie & Raj’s former denomination)
- A Conversation with Jennifer Knapp – Isolation, Creativity & Career 2.0 – 102 (Irenicast Episode)
- Harold Camping (Religious Leader)
- UU - Unitarian Universalists (Denomination)
- The Monk’s Cellar (Roseville pub where Intersections meets)
- Plato’s Allegory of the Cave
- Trinitarianism (Theological Term)
- The Divine Dance by Richard Rohr (Book - AMazon Affiliate Link)
- RuPaul (Celebrity)
- Process Theology
- The Enneagram
- 13th (2016 Documentary)
- Prisons of Our Own Making – God Have Mercy on the Criminal Justice System – 094 (Irenicast episode where we discuss the documentary, 13th)
- Peace Village
- Community Initiatives for Visiting Immigrants in Confinement (CIVIC)
A big thank you to the Intersections crew for joining us this week. Check them out at the following links…
Rev. Bonnie Rambob | Co-pastor, Parkside Community Church
Rev. Raj Rambob | Executive Director, Amador Tuolomne Community Action Agency
Rev. Casey Tinnin | Solo Pastor, Loomis Basin Congregational Church
Thank you for listening to Irenicast. If you appreciate the show please consider sharing your appreciation by rating, reviewing and/or subscribing to the podcast on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, or whatever platform you’re listening on.
You can also help support the show financially by going to irenicast.com/amazon to do your Amazon shopping. This will cost you nothing, but Amazon will give a portion of the proceeds to the show.
Jeff Manildi | co-host and producer | firstname.lastname@example.org
Jeff is the husband to an incredibly strong woman and father of two captivating young ladies. He is currently the Director of Discipleship at a United Methodist church on the central coast of California. In addition to getting his B.A. in Theology, he also received his ordination through the prestigious online organization of The Universal Life Church whose alumni include the likes of Conan O’Brien and Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson. Jeff loves all things that tell a story: people, movies, tv, music, comics, etc.
Allen O’Brien | co-host | email@example.com
Allen received his B.A. in Biblical Studies from The Master's College and an M.A. in Theology and Biblical Studies from Fuller Theological Seminary, making him the illegitimate child of both conservative and moderately progressive evangelicalism. He has worked in church ministry since 2006 and is currently solo-pastoring at his local UCC congregation. When not ministering, Allen throws things to his border collie Sonata and writes for multiple platforms.
You can follow Allen (@AllenOB) on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, & Good Reads. Also if you are in the Sacramento, CA area check out Allen’s brick and mortar version of this podcast called Intersections.
ADD YOUR VOICE TO THE CONVERSATION
Join our post-evangelical conversations on faith and culture by interacting with us through the following links:
Read Us on our blog Irenicon
Email Us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Like Us on Facebook
See Us on Instagram
Support Us on Amazon
Intro and Outro music created by Mike Golin.
This post may contain affiliate links. An Irenicon is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com
149 episodes available. A new episode about every 18 days averaging 64 mins duration .