Manage episode 231422115 series 179436
Conceptualizing the self, building intrapersonal intelligence, becoming aware of our interconnectedness, reclaiming self-love in theological context, moving beyond platitudes about self-care, and more mix in this week’s conversation. Officially kicking off our series on relationships, the team begins with that person nearest and dearest to us - our own selves. A game of Desert Island rounds off the discussion and reveals the personalities of our co-hosts.
Our Conversation on Intrapersonal Intelligence (01:11)
Desert Island Segment (50:43)
From Our Conversation on Intrapersonal Intelligence
- Glide Memorial United Methodist Church
- Julius Henry "Groucho" Marx (American comedian, writer, stage, film, radio, and television star)
- 9 Types Of Intelligence
- Thích Nhất Hạnh (Vietnamese Buddhist monk and peace activist, founder of the Plum Village Tradition)
- The Enneagram
- Family Systems Theory
- Original Blessing: Putting Sin in Its Rightful Place by Danielle Shroyer (Book - Amazon Affiliate Link)
- To Know as We Are Known: Education as a Spiritual Journey by Parker J. Palmer (Book - Amazon Affiliate Link)
- Frames of Mind: The Theory of Multiple Intelligences by Howard Gardner (Book - Amazon Affiliate Link)
- Blog worthlessness http://anirenicon.com/2019/02/23/church-and-codified-feelings-of-worthlessness/
- Blog mystical experience http://anirenicon.com/2019/03/14/i-floated-in-a-sensory-deprivation-tank-on-valentines-because-im-dramatic/
- Cosmology Shapes Our Theology – A Chaotic Journey – 138 (Irenicast Episode)
From Our Desert Island Segment (This segment was also played on Episode #079)
Thank you for listening to Irenicast. If you appreciate the show please consider sharing your appreciation by rating, reviewing and/or subscribing to the podcast on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, or whatever platform you’re listening on.
You can also help support the show financially by going to irenicast.com/amazon to do your Amazon shopping. This will cost you nothing, but Amazon will give a portion of the proceeds to the show.
Rev. Allen O’Brien | co-founder & co-host | firstname.lastname@example.org
Allen is a venerator of emotionality. He thrives on education, peace, and interconnectedness— passions which permeate his work as pastor, writer, lover of all the things, and occasional vegan.
Rev. Bonnie Rambob, MDiv | co-host | email@example.com
As a pastor, activist, educator, mom, and possibility artist, Bonnie invites people into newness. She loves climbing trees, knitting and hiking while conversing with friends about smashing the patriarchy.
Pastor Casey Tinnin, MTS | co-host | firstname.lastname@example.org
Preacher, protester, everybody’s pastor. Casey geeks out on comic books, talking theology, politics, and sex. He’s most free when he is dancing, cooking with his partner Jose, or walking their dog Kole.
Jeff Manildi | co-founder, producer & co-host | email@example.com
Chaser of tales and climax initiator, Jeff rises to the occasion, edging to a satisfying completion. Get your mind out of the gutter, we’re talking story, not sex. Jeff expresses his creativity by curating diverse ideas, energies and people.
Rev. Raj Rambob, MCL | co-host | firstname.lastname@example.org
Raj loves thoughtful and provocative conversation over food and drink, most often with his family. He’s a loyal, smart-ass friend who believes in the power of spiritual journeys. Feminist, Anti-colonial, Process Theology-nerd.
ADD YOUR VOICE TO THE CONVERSATION
Join our progressive Christian conversations on faith and culture by interacting with us through the following links:
Read Us on our blog Irenicon
Email Us at email@example.com
Like Us on Facebook
See Us on Instagram
Support Us on Amazon
Intro and Outro music created by Mike Golin.
This post may contain affiliate links. An Irenicon is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com
150 episodes available. A new episode about every 18 days averaging 64 mins duration .