Manage episode 201182087 series 179436
Is there value in reclaiming repentance? The word itself connotes different things for all of us and, in this episode, Jeff and Allen unpack the stuff it brings up for them. Is it condemnation or invitation? Transformation or challenge? After the conversation, they try to guess who said what on another edition of Famous Christians for 100.
Reclaiming Repentance Conversation (01:03)
Famous Christians for 100 Segment (40:31)
From Our Conversation on Reclaiming Repentance
- Kirk Cameron (Actor and Christian Personality)
- Connect (2018 Film)
- The Way of the Master
- Romans Road (YouTube Video)
- Mike McHargue aka Science Mike (Podcaster and Writer)
- The Liturgists (Podcast)
- Alcoholics Anonymous (AA)
- The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business by Charles Duhigg (Book - Amazon Affiliate Link)
- Sarah Over the Moon (Blog)
- March for Our Lives
- Scrubs (TV Show)
- Florida Gun Bill: What’s in It, and What Isn’t (Article)
- The House of Mirth by Edith Wharton (Book - Amazon Affiliate Link)
- “Negative personal attacks have no place in public life and serve to erode public confidence in our basic institutions of government.” - Mike Pence
- “If the church is not victorious over the world, then we will cease to survive. We are called to be salt and light in a world filled with corruption and darkness.” - John Hagee
- “Oh, how I would like a poor Church, and for the poor.” - Pope Francis
- “I always say that almost any time the word ‘racial’ is used, it can be replaced by ‘racist’.” - Broderick Greer
- “When a youngster tries this kind of stiff-necked rebellion… you had better take it out of him, and pain is a marvelous purifier” -James Dobson
- “It is not uncommon to meet pastors’ wives who really let themselves go…” - Mark Driscoll
Thank you to Bob37748 for your 5 star review in Apple Podcasts which says...
It speaks to me!
“I have only recently discovered this long running podcasts and I am only up to episode 10. I love it so far and based on the titles of the "future" podcast I can't wait to hear what they have to say. I am a disillusioned former evangelical wondering what to believe now. I still believe in God and Jesus, but I wonder what does that mean now. This podcast explores those issues.”
Thank you for listening to Irenicast. If you appreciate the show please consider sharing your appreciation by rating, reviewing and/or subscribing to the podcast on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, or whatever platform you’re listening on.
You can also help support the show financially by going to irenicast.com/amazon to do your Amazon shopping. This will cost you nothing, but Amazon will give a portion of the proceeds to the show.
Jeff Manildi | co-host and producer | email@example.com
Jeff is the husband to an incredibly strong woman and father of two captivating young ladies. He is currently the Director of Discipleship at a United Methodist church on the central coast of California. In addition to getting his B.A. in Theology, he also received his ordination through the prestigious online organization of The Universal Life Church whose alumni include the likes of Conan O’Brien and Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson. Jeff loves all things that tell a story: people, movies, tv, music, comics, etc.
Allen O’Brien | co-host | firstname.lastname@example.org
Allen received his B.A. in Biblical Studies from The Master's College and an M.A. in Theology and Biblical Studies from Fuller Theological Seminary, making him the illegitimate child of both conservative and moderately progressive evangelicalism. He has worked in church ministry since 2006 and is currently solo-pastoring at his local UCC congregation. When not ministering, Allen throws things to his border collie Sonata and writes for multiple platforms.
You can follow Allen (@AllenOB) on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, & Good Reads. Also if you are in the Sacramento, CA area check out Allen’s brick and mortar version of this podcast called Intersections.
ADD YOUR VOICE TO THE CONVERSATION
Join our post-evangelical conversations on faith and culture by interacting with us through the following links:
Read Us on our blog Irenicon
Email Us at email@example.com
Like Us on Facebook
See Us on Instagram
Support Us on Amazon
Intro and Outro music created by Mike Golin.
This post may contain affiliate links. An Irenicon is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com
150 episodes available. A new episode about every 18 days averaging 64 mins duration .