New Horror Movies Ep. 024: Halloween Ends (2022) or: You Don’t Do That in a Third Film in a Trilogy!
Manage episode 344432597 series 3319725
Oh my! Episode 024 of Jay of the Dead’s New Horror Movies is one for the ages… Seven of your nine hosts passionately debate what will probably be the most divisive Horror movie this year — Halloween Ends (2022), the gripping (and somewhat surprising) conclusion of David Gordon Green’s Halloween trilogy. Despite our earnest efforts, our first hour of discussion is NOT spoiler-free. It has moderate spoilers. Then after the first hour we move into deep-dive, full-blown spoilers. This review is a spirited debate! Join us!
Here are some word-for-word quotes pulled from this episode:
- “People Are Going to Have Kittens When They See This Movie.”
- “You Robbed Us Right Off the Bat!”
- “Sit and Spin on My Middle Finger”
- “Wimpy-Ass, Babysitter Kid”
- “You Don’t Do That in a Third Film in a Trilogy!”
- “My Reaction Would Have Been, ‘Sit and Spin, Bitch!’”
- “Dogs and Cats Living Together!”
- “What Makes You Think People Want to See This Movie?”
- “Halloween Ends Is the Last Season of LOST”
- “The Hallmark Channel of Halloween”
- “I Didn’t Hate Everything About This Movie”
- “Guess What, Einstein? This Is Not a Stand-Alone Film”
- “A Bait-and-Switch”
- “Oh, I Hated That White Horse Bullshit”
Typically, Jay of the Dead’s New Horror Movies features these nine hosts: Jay of the Dead, Dr. Shock, Gillman Joel, Mister Watson, Dr. Walking Dead, GregaMortis, Mackula, Ron Martin and Dave Zee. Unfortunately, Dr. Walking Dead and Ron Martin were unable to attend this review.
Be sure to subscribe to Jay of the Dead’s new Horror movie podcast on:
You are welcome to email our show at HauntingYourHeadphones@gmail.com, or call and leave us a voicemail at (801) 899-9798. You can also follow Jay of the Dead’s New Horror Movies on Twitter: @HorrorAvengers
Jay of the Dead’s New Horror Movies is an audio podcast. Our nine experienced Horror hosts review new Horror movies and deliver specialty Horror segments. Your hosts are Jay of the Dead, Dr. Shock, Gillman Joel, Mister Watson, Dr. Walking Dead, GregaMortis, Mackula, Ron Martin and Dave Zee! Due to the large number and busy schedule of its nine Horror hosts, Jay of the Dead’s New Horror Movies will be recorded in segments, piecemeal, at various times and recording sessions. Therefore, as you listen to our episodes, you will notice a variety of revolving door hosts and segments, all sewn together and reanimated like the powerful Monster of Dr. Frankenstein!
Note: This episode was recorded on October 16, 2022, and it was released on October 17, 2022.