Manage episode 255707141 series 1131922
COMMUNITY IS EVERYTHING!
Join the Joyful Courage Tribe in our community Facebook groups:
SEX ED FOR PARENTS OF TEENS!
Enrollment is OPEN NOW – learn more about this offer and register now: www.joyfulcourage.com/sems
Thank you BETTER HELP!
This podcast is sponsored by Better Help - online counseling anytime, anywhere. → www.betterhelp.com/joyfulcourage
Today is a solo show – woop woop!
Being in a mindful relationship…
- What is mindfulness?
- Why is it important on the parenting journey?
- Why is this important in life?
I went to a mindful couples workshop with my husband this weekend
- Why did we go?
- How I did my work when it was hard to do
Modeling setting intention
Letting go of being attached to the experience of my husband
- Why this is relevant to our kids and parenting and life
Setting the context with how I showed up and what I was willing to own
Offering lots of loving support, acknowledgement, options
- While also leaning in and inviting vulnerability – speaking into the elephants in the room, making things explicit
Learning processes for deeper listening and communication
- SO MUCH like PD
- Connect before correct/redirect
- Positive Intent
- Looking for solutions not blame
- The iceberg
- Process over product –
- Relationship is everything!!!
- Took the trainer aside to share….
One of the processes reminded me so much of the Family Meeting, but instead of using the model for the family, you use it as a couple.
- Safe space for venting about a few things that rubbed you wrong
- A useful place for problem solving
- I would add time to celebrate each other before getting into it….
- One of our “issues” is talking about money – ben makes most of it, I budget and try to save it. This is a hard one for us to discuss without having clear goals that are the boss.
- Come together to have a vision
- What is this going to take
- Weekly check ins on how we are doing
I also have some amazing clients that are such an inspiration to me.
- Super intentional with checking in on relationship
- Super articulate in how they are celebrating each other
20 years later…. It takes work
- Awareness that we are in an ebb
- Willingness to do something about it
Kristen Bell – “I will be with Dax on the porch at 80” – we can get through anything
So yeah, tend to your relationships – we talk so much about our relationship with our teens and younger kids here – equally if not more important is our relationship with our partners.
Hope you are feeling inspired!!
Take that community vibe next level by joining the Joyful Courage Patreon community! For as little as $5/month you can support the podcast, and enjoy weekly FB lives from me every Monday - answering questions from the community and offering direct support and coaching, and every other week there is also a Podcast Recap discussion. --> www.patreon.com/joyfulcourage
The Book, The Coaching
Joyful Courage is so much more than a podcast! I know that you love listening in every week AND I want to encourage you to dig deeper into the learning with me, INVEST in you parenting journey.
READ THE BOOK - Joyful Courage, Calming the Drama and Taking Control of Your Parenting Journey is all about how to show up as a Joyful Courage parent so that you have better access to the tools you need in hot parenting moments – tools that are helpful and maintain connection with your child. Available both in book and audio book form → http://www.joyfulcourage.com/book
CONSIDER ONE ON ONE COACHING - The most POWERFUL of investments offered by Joyful Courage, one on one coaching allows for parents to really tease apart the current issues they are having with their child, while also developing a clear compass for guiding them in the direction they want to be going in. Coaching happens every other week, and is open for parents with kids 4 years old through the teen years. Go to my coaching page to book a free exploratory call and see if we are the right fit. → http://www.joyfulcourage.com/jccoaching
Be a Subscriber
Make sure to SUBSCRIBE to the Joyful Courage Podcast on Apple Podcast to get the latest shows STRAIGHT to your device!! AND PLEASE rate and review the Joyful Courage Parenting Podcast to help me spread the show to an ever-larger audience!!
CLICK HERE to watch a video that shows up how to subscribe with your iPhone!