Manage episode 221299933 series 2176902
Welcome to episode 34 of the Joyfully Homeschooling podcast. In today’s episode, in preparation for the holidays, we are going to chat about the reasons we should all be thankful for homeschooling.
As you all know Homeschooling, is something love it! BUT, when we first started homeschooling, I honestly didn’t know how long we would do it. I knew it was best for our family at that moment, but in the back of my head, I knew we had other options and may not homeschool long term. However, as I shared earlier this season we are in it for the long haul, yes, even through high school! The truth is I am SO thankful for the blessing that it is to our family and these blessings can be tied back to three areas. Faith, Health and Freedom.
I am breaking these three areas down and as we enter into the holiday season I highly recommend you take the time to reflect on your blessings as well.
If you liked this episode be sure to leave a rating or review. These serve as a notice to iTunes that I'm not speaking to myself. It will also give you a chance to have your review read online and win a gift from me :) Not sure how to leave a review? Here are instructions for iTunes and Stitcher users.Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Online survey conduct by the National Home Education Research Institute (NHERI)
- In one large study, about 49% of children in grades 4–12 reported being bullied by other students at school at least once during the past month.
- A 2004 report made to the U.S. Department of Education said an estimated 9.6 percent of students – nearly one in 10 – are subjected to sexual misconduct by teachers, coaches, principals, bus drivers, and other personnel during their K-12 career.
- In one study, 1 in 5 middle school students reported sexual harassment of a physical nature
- Why I Did Not Rebel by Rebecca Gregoire Lindenbach
- Follow on Instagram
71 episodes available. A new episode about every 0 hours averaging 27 mins duration .