Manage episode 247104364 series 1524941
Mental toughness is something that can benefit every entrepreneur, but how do you develop it? Why is it important? Having the right mindset can be the difference between success and failure. To develop mental toughness, you must be prepared to focus on personal development. You have to remember that the foundation that your business is built on is you.
Outline of This Episode
- [2:05] The importance of mental toughness
- [4:00] It’s not easy being an entrepreneur
- [5:30] Business is an exchange of value
- [7:00] Without stress it’s impossible to grow
- [14:35] Where do you start?
- [20:00] Nothing will beat practice
- [23:20] Your mental diet is critical to mental toughness
- [25:15] Top 3 strategies to develop mental toughness
When you run your own business, everything begins and ends with you. You are the fixer of all things. What we want to point out is that you’ll be in no position to help others if you don’t help yourself first. We all hit points where we just want to run away from our problems instead of facing them head-on.
The first principle we want to touch on is this: no one has it easy.
We all have different challenges that we face, no matter who you’re looking at. The keys comes down to a quote by an unknown author that I love, “Don’t wish that it were easier, wish that you were stronger”. So how do you become stronger?Make like a lobster and break out of your shell
Stress. Nobody loves stress, yet we are faced with it day in and day out. But Dean and I believe that without it, it’s impossible to grow. Without being faced with pressure and challenges, you stagnate. You coast. Running away from stress robs you of the opportunity to become stronger.
Did you know in order to grow, lobsters must first break out of their shell?
They can’t physically grow without going through pain. It’s the same for individuals. Going through tragedies, challenges, and difficult situations allow you to achieve a new level of growth. Stop backing down from challenges and become comfortable with being uncomfortable!Bring the struggle into conscious awareness
If you’re struggling with dealing with stress and challenges being thrown at you, the best thing you can do is acknowledge it. Bring it to conscious awareness. If what you’re doing isn’t pushing you towards your intended result, it’s time for a change, right? Identify and confront what you’re facing.
Secondly, you need to mitigate your stress levels. Stop taking on more than you can handle. A weight-lifter can’t start with heavy weights—they must condition themselves to withstand heavier and heavier weight. In the same way, you need to condition yourself to handle challenges. Start small and build your resistance.
To hear more about our strategies for handling difficult situations and becoming mentally tough, be sure to listen!Top 3 Strategies to develop mental toughness
It’s time for some tips! These are the top 3 strategies we recommend to build mental toughness:
- Practice meditation: It strengthens your mind and it builds mental resilience. We hope to cover this more in an upcoming episode!
- Focus on mental “nutrition”: Limit the “mind rot” that you consume. Focus on listening, watching, and reading things that lead to personal development and aren’t wasting your time.
- Who do you spend your time with? You become the average of the 5 people you surround yourself with. Are you spending time with people you want to be like?
Implement these three things into your life immediately, and you will begin to see results. To hear all of the details about building mental toughness, listen to the whole episode!Resources & People Mentioned
James P. Friel:
- CEO Quickstart: https://jamespfriel.com/ceo-quickstart/
- Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/hustledetox/
- Site: www.jamespfriel.com
- Interested in being a guest on the show?
- Blog: www.DeanHolland.com
- FB Page: https://www.facebook.com/DeanHollandHQ
- Billion Dollar Project: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BillionDollarProject/
Audio Production and Show notes by PODCAST FAST TRACK https://www.podcastfasttrack.com