Manage episode 236938852 series 2481233
It is such a unique time when the baby is over two days old, but your full-milk hasn't yet fully arrived - and of course, there are lots to know about on this steep learning curve!
- Blues ending > Milk arriving
- Post-birth examinations
- Self-Care & Psychologically feeling confident in the home environment
- Awareness of Signs & Symptoms of Postnatal Infections
- Access to assistance & advice on breastfeeding & lactation
- Physical well-being
- Knowledge of recognizing & managing minor issues
- Access to understanding baby cries
- Jaundice - recognizing the difference between mild, moderate & severe, and needs for Phototherapy in a timely manner)
Note: The 25-min full-version of DAY 3-4 POSTPARTUM goes into a lot more detail, particularly around the Maternal and Neonatal well-being of both mother and baby.
CLICK HERE to learn more about joining Kathy's MotherWise MasterClass podcasts by purchasing a subscription to her ESSENTIAL BASICS support package. [Membership also gives access to Kathy's webinar library; huge online Q&A Library; and her weekly live classes.]
Connect with Kathy Fray: