112: Exhausted And Joint Pain On Keto, No Hunger And Diarrhea, Human Protein Theory, Low Glucose Reading, Evidence For Artery-Clogging Saturated Fat
Manage episode 212389976 series 2394752
In this episode of Keto Talk, Jimmy and Dr. Will Cole are back from their travels and ready to answer your questions all about the Keto lifestyle. Joint pain, hunger, protein, low glucose, and the myth of artery-clogging saturated fat get the full Keto Talk treatment today on Episode 112!
YOUR NEW KETO DIET ALLY
NOTICE OF DISCLOSURE: Paid sponsorship
“There's a lot of hyperbole in the reporting about Keto. We know that it's not difficult to use fat for fuel, and not everyone needs the same amount of fat or carbs.”
-Dr. Will Cole
Jimmy and Will have been traveling while sharing the Keto message for a few weeks, but they're back today ready to answer YOUR questions about health and wellness the Keto way. Here are some of the topics Jimmy and Will discussed in the patient examples in episode 112:HOT TOPICS:
1. Why do people who eat keto and are in ketosis stop losing or gain back some weight? 2. What number(s) on a cholesterol panel for a keto dieter would raise your eyebrow of concern? 3. What is the effect of the ketogenic diet on bone health issues such as osteopenia or osteoporosis? 4. Is it okay to breastfeed a baby while eating keto? Are there any potential issues with doing this? 5. Can chewing gum while eating a ketogenic diet actually stoke more hunger and cravings? 6. Sorry, keto fans, you're probably not in ketosis. 7. Should you avoid carbs? Here's what the science says. 8. This Simple "Cracker Test" Could Tell You How Many Carbs You Should Be Eating. 9. STUDY: Ketogenic Diet Alters Microbiome 10. STUDY: The Gut Microbiota Mediates the Anti-Seizure Effects of the Ketogenic Diet
MAKE KETO EASIER WITH FBOMB:
NOTICE OF DISCLOSURE: Paid sponsorship
“The Keto movement is growing and people are interested which leads to people getting healthy which then leads others to try it.”
– Jimmy MooreYour Questions:
– Ashley asks, "Why am I so miserably exhausted and experiencing debilitating joint pain since going keto?"
– Ina says, "Why am I experiencing less hunger prior to eating and then diarrhea after eating on my ketogenic diet?"
– Susan wants to know, "Is there any legitimacy to the “limiting” amino acid theory of building up human protein?"
– Nic asks, "Is a blood glucose reading of 45 mg/dL for someone who is keto-adapted and intermittent fasting cause for concern?"
– "Is there any evidence that saturated fat actually clogs arteries leading to a heart attack and heart disease?" Dave asks.BECOME A NUTRITIONAL THERAPY PRACTITIONER Sign up by February 2018 for the 9-month program NOTICE OF DISCLOSURE: Paid sponsorship THE PERFECT KETO SUPPLEMENT Perfect Keto USE COUPON CODE LLVLC FOR 15% OFF NOTICE OF DISCLOSURE: Paid sponsorship
LINKS MENTIONED IN EPISODE 112 – SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR: Staying in ketosis just got easier – Your new keto-diet ally (Enter MOORE15 at checkout for fifteen percent off your first order.) – SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR: Drop an FBOMB for the freshest, high-quality fats from JimmyLovesFBomb.com (Get 10% off your first food order with coupon code “JIMMYLOVESFBOMB”) – SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR: Jump start your ketogenic diet with PerfectKeto.com/Jimmy (USE PROMO CODE LLVLC FOR 15% OFF) – Sorry, keto fans, you're probably not in ketosis. – Should you avoid carbs? Here's what the science says. – This Simple "Cracker Test" Could Tell You How Many Carbs You Should Be Eating. – STUDY: Ketogenic Diet Alters Microbiome – STUDY: The Gut Microbiota Mediates the Anti-Seizure Effects of the Ketogenic Diet – Jimmy Moore from “Livin’ La Vida Low-Carb” – DR. Will Cole D.C. from DrWillCole.com
133 episodes available. A new episode about every 8 days averaging 67 mins duration .