113: Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency, Celiac Disease, Gagging On Salt, Keto-Friendly Backpacking Food, Food Diversity For The Microbiome
Manage episode 212389975 series 2394752
In this episode of Keto Talk, Jimmy and Dr. Will Cole are ready to answer your questions all about the Keto lifestyle. Exocrine pancreatic insufficiency, celiac disease, gagging on salt, keto-friendly backpacking food, food diversity for the microbiome are some of the things we talk about today on Episode 113!
THE PERFECT KETO SUPPLEMENT USE COUPON CODE LLVLC FOR 15% OFF NOTICE OF DISCLOSURE: Paid sponsorship
“There are some really cool studies that show that a ketogenic diet with lots of saturated fats increases testosterone naturally, without supplements.”
-Dr. Will Cole
Jimmy and Will are back today ready to answer YOUR questions about health and wellness the Keto way. Here are some of the topics Jimmy and Will discussed in the patient examples in episode 113:HOT TOPICS:
- How quickly does the breakdown of the fat you consume and digest develop into ketone bodies?
- How and why does keto increase testosterone levels in male Ketonians?
- Is keto breath a sign of something wrong in the gut or is it merely a byproduct of ketones?
- What is the relationship between the stress hormone cortisol and the impact on ketones?
- Why does stool float for some people who eat a ketogenic diet?
- THE COLLAPSE OF A $40 MILLION NUTRITION SCIENCE CRUSADE
- Atkins could see a boost from failed keto dieters looking for a less restrictive, low-carb option
- Tim Noakes is finally free and clear after winning Banting diet advice case
- Study: The Food You Eat Might Shift Your Risk of Depression, Study Suggests
YOUR NEW KETO DIET ALLY
NOTICE OF DISCLOSURE: Paid sponsorship
“You don't have to drink shakes and you don't have to eat bars. Embrace real food.”
– Jimmy Moore
MAKE KETO EASIER WITH FBOMB
NOTICE OF DISCLOSURE: Paid sponsorshipYour Questions:
– An anonymous listener asks, "How did I develop Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency while eating keto and what can be done about this condition?"
– "Can you detail the key advantages of eating keto and the pitfalls of not eating this way for someone with Celiac disease? " Mark asks.
– Ginny asks, "Why do I have such an aversion to consuming salt and what can I do to get it into my body without gagging?"
– Jim wants to know, "What are some keto-friendly foods that I can bring with me on my 3-week backpacking trip that won’t weigh me down?"
– Michael asks from the Keto Talk Mailbox, "Is there any merit to the suggestion in The Human Longevity Project to eat a wide diversity of foods, including carbohydrates, to feed the microbiome?"
Apple Podcasts reviews:Sign up by September 2018 for the 9-month program NOTICE OF DISCLOSURE: Paid sponsorship
LINKS MENTIONED IN EPISODE 113 – SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR: Staying in ketosis just got easier – Your new keto-diet ally (Enter MOORE15 at checkout for fifteen percent off your first order.) – SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR: Drop an FBOMB for the freshest, high-quality fats from JimmyLovesFBomb.com (Get 10% off your first food order with coupon code “JIMMYLOVESFBOMB”) – SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR: Jump start your ketogenic diet with PerfectKeto.com/Jimmy (USE PROMO CODE LLVLC FOR 15% OFF)
133 episodes available. A new episode about every 8 days averaging 67 mins duration .