123: Superiority Of Breath Ketones, Sleepwalking, No Time To Keto Meal Prep, Swollen Ankles, Lower Body Fat Percentage Without Strength Training
Manage episode 216316003 series 2394752
In this episode of Keto Talk, Jimmy and Dr. Will Cole answer your questions about breath ketones, sleepwalking, making time for meal prep, swollen ankles, weight training's effect on weight loss, and more!GET A $39 BOTTLE OF OLIVE OIL FOR JUST A BUCK GET YOUR $39 BOTTLE FOR JUST $1 NOTICE OF DISCLOSURE: Paid sponsorship
“I think this was the right book for the right time with the right message. The popularity of Keto is amazing, but some people can't tolerate dairy or don't prefer a lot of meat, and Ketotarian gives them options.”
-Dr. Will Cole
NOTICE OF DISCLOSURE: Paid sponsorshipTHIS WEEK’S HOT TOPICS:
- Does it matter where on your body you test for blood ketones and blood sugar (i.e. finger vs. arm vs. other body part)?
- What do you think of using sole water for electrolytes if someone eating keto?
- Is there a difference between eating a single meal vs. breaking up the the same sized food into 2-3 meals throughout the day?
- How do I listen to my satiety signals on keto when my hunger remains despite eating low-carb, high-fat?
- What happens to excess dietary fat that is consumed beyond satiety? Does insulin shuttle it into the fat cells like it does carbohydrates?
- Your Low Carb Diet Won't Kill You, But It's Probably Not a Good Idea
- Low-Carb Diets May Not Be Healthy in the Long Run, Study Says
- Both High- and Low-Carb Diets Increase Long-term Risk of Mortality: ARIC Analysis
- Why ketogenic diets have long-term complications
- Evaluate facts in articles before making dietary changes
- New SlimFast "Keto" products
THE PERFECT KETO SUPPLEMENT USE COUPON CODE LLVLC FOR 15% OFF NOTICE OF DISCLOSURE: Paid sponsorship
“It isn't new that companies are trying to get in on the latest diet trend. They did it with Atkins and they did it with Paleo. But those of us that are living this, we know it's not a trend or a fad. This is a lifestyle change.”
- Jimmy Moore
– Darta asks, "Will increasing my blood ketones help control my sleepwalking related to a form of epilepsy? What else can I do to naturally deal with this?" – "How do you eat keto if you don’t have time to cook recipes and do any meal plan prepping?" Asks Luanna. – Kathryn asks, "How do you fine-tune keto and fasting to better deal with lingering inflammation causing swelling and stiffness?" – Macarena from Chile brings this question from the Keto Talk Mailbox, "How do you lower body fat percentage while eating keto without engaging in strength training?"BECOME A NUTRITIONAL THERAPY PRACTITIONER Sign up by September 2018 for the 9-month program NOTICE OF DISCLOSURE: Paid sponsorship
LINKS MENTIONED IN EPISODE 123 – SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR: The world’s freshest and most flavorful artisanal olive oils. Get your $39 bottle for just $1 – SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR: Staying in ketosis just got easier – Your new keto-diet ally (Enter MOORE15 at checkout for fifteen percent off your first order.) – SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR: Drop an FBOMB for the freshest, high-quality fats from JimmyLovesFBomb.com (Get 10% off your first food order with coupon code “JIMMYLOVESFBOMB”) – SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR: Jump start your ketogenic diet with PerfectKeto.com/Jimmy (USE PROMO CODE LLVLC FOR 15% OFF) – KetoWhiteBoard.info – SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR: Get the BRAND NEW 2017 Ketonix breath ketone analyzer from Ketonix.com – Your Low Carb Diet Won't Kill You, But It's Probably Not a Good Idea – Low-Carb Diets May Not Be Healthy in the Long Run, Study Says – Both High- and Low-Carb Diets Increase Long-term Risk of Mortality: ARIC Analysis – Why ketogenic diets have long-term complications – Evaluate facts in articles before making dietary changes – STUDY: Effects of low-carbohydrate- compared with low-fat-diet interventions on metabolic control in people with type 2 diabetes: a systematic review including GRADE assessments – Jimmy Moore from “Livin’ La Vida Low-Carb” – DR. Will Cole D.C. from DrWillCole.com
132 episodes available. A new episode about every 9 days averaging 67 mins duration .