127: Blood Sugar Variations With Perfect Keto, ApoE 2/3 And Cholesterol, Lymphocytic Colitis, CT Heart Scan Worse On Keto, Factor 5 Leiden with Protein C Deficiency
Manage episode 218262973 series 2394752
In this episode of Keto Talk, Jimmy and Dr. Will Cole answer your questions about Blood Sugar Variations With Perfect Keto, ApoE 2/3 And Cholesterol, Lymphocytic Colitis, CT Heart Scan Worse On Keto, Factor 5 Leiden with Protein C Deficiency, and more!
“Some people get overly fixated on one health marker. You want to look at a more complex view of your health.”
-Dr. Will ColeGET A $39 BOTTLE OF OLIVE OIL FOR JUST A BUCK GET YOUR $39 BOTTLE FOR JUST $1 NOTICE OF DISCLOSURE: Paid sponsorship THIS WEEK’S HOT TOPICS:
1. What are the ideal blood sugar ranges to look for at one- and two-hour postprandial (after eating) readings?
2. How long does it take blood ketone levels to change after eating a low-carb, high-fat meal following a 24-hour fast?
3. Is taking Metformin an effective way to help treat insulin resistance alongside a ketogenic diet? Are there natural remedies that are just as effective?
4. What do you think about following the Glucose-Ketone Index created by Dr. Thomas Seyfried aiming for a ratio of 1? Is this necessary for people who aren’t using nutritional ketosis for therapeutic reasons such as cancer?
5. Do the changes in gut flora that happen from consuming sweeteners like erythritol impact ketosis? What are the specific things that change?
BECOME A NUTRITIONAL THERAPY PRACTITIONER Sign up by September 2018 for the 9-month program NOTICE OF DISCLOSURE: Paid sponsorship Your Questions:
– "Why is there variation in blood sugar levels when tested and doing everything perfect on my ketogenic diet?" Asks Joane
– Jeff asks, "Does being an ApoE 2/3 require any adjustments to eating keto to prevent cholesterol levels from going through the roof compared with low-carb?"
– Delma wants to know, "How can someone with lymphocytic colitis eat keto and not require medication to control the expensive anti-diarrhea medication?"
– "Is keto playing a contributing role in my CT Heart Scan coming back in the HIGH-RISK category?" Asks Brian
– Adam sends this question in to the KETO TALK MAILBOX: "Does having Factor 5 Leiden with Protein C Deficiency preclude someone from eating keto? Is the slow weight loss from this and/or gallbladder removal?"MAKE KETO EASIER WITH FBOMB
NOTICE OF DISCLOSURE: Paid sponsorship
“Sometimes we get caught up in the minutiae of tracking our health and stressing out about it and lose the big picture.”
– Jimmy Moore
THE PERFECT KETO SUPPLEMENT USE COUPON CODE LLVLC FOR 15% OFF NOTICE OF DISCLOSURE: Paid sponsorship
LINKS MENTIONED IN EPISODE 127 – SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR: Track your sleep at BioHackingRing.com (COUPON CODE JIMMY FOR $50 OFF) – SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR: The world’s freshest and most flavorful artisanal olive oils. Get your $39 bottle for just $1 – SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR: Staying in ketosis just got easier – Your new keto-diet ally (Enter MOORE15 at checkout for fifteen percent off your first order.) – SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR: Drop an FBOMB for the freshest, high-quality fats from JimmyLovesFBomb.com (Get 10% off your first food order with coupon code “JIMMYLOVESFBOMB”) – SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR: Jump start your ketogenic diet with PerfectKeto.com/Jimmy (USE PROMO CODE LLVLC FOR 15% OFF) – KetoWhiteBoard.info – Jimmy Moore from “Livin’ La Vida Low-Carb” – Dr. Will Cole D.C. from DrWillCole.com
132 episodes available. A new episode about every 9 days averaging 67 mins duration .