133: Keto Causing Weight Gain, Antibiotics Lower Ketones, Sleep And Hormones, Depo Birth Control Shot While Keto, Feeling Better On Hypocaloric Keto
Manage episode 225247272 series 2394752
In this episode, Jimmy and Dr. Will Cole answer your questions about Keto Causing Weight Gain, Antibiotics Lower Ketones, Sleep And Hormones, Depo Birth Control Shot While Keto, Feeling Better On Hypocaloric Keto and more!
THIS WEEK’S HOT TOPICS:
1. The Keto-Mojo blood ketone meter shows readings for hematocrit and hemoglobin—how do these relate to glucose, ketones, and overall health?
2. Does the constant “ping” we get from our devices trigger a cortisol response that could sabotage your ability to get into ketosis and reap its benefits?
3. What are the pros and cons of choosing not to exercise the first couple of months after you start keto?
4. If a woman eating keto gets pregnant, what benefits will she see remaining in ketosis vs. not being in ketosis?
5. As a former vegan pursuing nutritional ketosis, how do I switch over my mentality that cooked meat is “dead food” and embrace it as healthy now?
Jimmy and Will answer your questions:
- Could keto and fasting be the reason why someone is struggling with weight loss?
- Do antibiotics lower ketone production and how can I heal the damage they are doing to my gut health?
- Could my sleep issues that were diagnosed as being caused by fibromyalgia actually be related more to hormones that a ketogenic diet is helping me bring under control?
- Why does taking a birth control shot like Depo increase hunger and moodiness despite being in a ketogenic state?
- Why do I feel better eating 800 calories vs. 1800 calories of keto meals?
137 episodes available. A new episode about every 0 hours averaging 68 mins duration .