Manage episode 247063039 series 1104329
One strategy that can add tens of thousands of dollars to your income in the next 60 days is called the Client Appreciation Party. How do you organize it?
Who to invite:
- Everyone in your Personal Circle (PC). Aim for 100 people to come to the event. This will create a buzz about you being a leader in the industry.
- Civic leaders (Mayor, City Council Members, Chief of Police, Fire Chief, Representatives, School Board members, etc). Invite community leaders from civic organizations, the Chamber of Commerce, celebrities, etc. Even if they don’t know you, they’ll go because of the Press Relations opportunity. This gives you instant credibility.
- Vendors. Make them event sponsors. They will give you more credibility because their presence is automatically an endorsement for you.
How to invite them:
- Email, social media.
- Use https://www.evite.com/, http://whoozin.com/, or https://www.facebook.com/events/. Create the event, track RSVPs, and communicate important information to your invitees and those planning to attend
Preparing for the party:
- Food & Beverage. Preferably have a catered meal. Bar is optional. Use a locally owned restaurant/catering company where you can work directly with the owner. This is cross-promotion: you support their business, they will support yours
- Have your lender pay for this or at least split the cost with you.
- Have your vendors pitch in for door prizes. You can let them have their names on the invitations and on a banner at the party for providing door prizes (such as $50 gift cards).
- Optionally, have additional entertainment such as a live band. If it’s a family-friendly party, it’s nice to have activities, games or entertainment for children such as a bounce house, magician, face-painting, clown, etc.
- Hire a DJ to be the emcee so you can focus on mingling.
- Get event liability insurance which is fairly inexpensive.
At the party:
- As people arrive, have them check in and fill out a form for the Door Prize drawings. Get their name, cell phone, email, and address.
- You don’t need to ask for business at the party. Because of the Law of Reciprocity, they’ll feel a sense of obligation to give you business.
- Have a Door-Prize Giveaway every 15 to 20 minutes.
- The DJ keeps the party rocking, so you can spend all of your time meeting and greeting your guests.
Within the next 48 hours after the party, send a quick personal video to each person, thanking them for coming to the party.
Here’s a breakdown of your ROI: If 100 people come, the total cost is $4000 ($40/person). If you get 5 deals from them in the next 2 months and your average commission check is $10,000 x 5 deals = $50k. Entire cost = 4000. That’s a 12x ROI.
This is just one of the many Vortex strategies we train on in the Real Estate Vortex Online course.
Let me know your experience with your own Client Appreciation Party in the comments below.
Go to YesMasters.com For more killer training videos for REALTORS who want more Yes's and more Successes in their business and in their life! From Kevin Ward, international real estate trainer, speaker, and coach.