Manage episode 235625617 series 2403569
Dr. McAdam is the founder of Resilient Generations, a social enterprise based in Canada with a specific focus on Africa which seeks to help unemployed youth in Africa, increase the diversification of the employment market for youth, and increase trade from Africa.
Dr. McAdam is a professor, coach, speaker in the area of developing resilience.
In this conversation, you’ll learn the three keys to resilient people as well as simple ways to build your resilience and that of your students.
You can find more information about Dr. McAdam and her work at Resilient Generations.
We also discuss:
- The difference between hope and despair
- Luck vs preparation
- How to foster psychological safety for our students
- The surprising nature of choice
- Resilience in the context of protective factors vs. risk factors
- The three P's of resilience (Martin Seligman)
- Roots of Empathy
- The power of gratitude
Prepare to come away inspired!