Manage episode 226557271 series 1045668
Dale Thomas Vaughn – a champion of purpose, has worked with some of the most influential people in the world including billionaire industry moguls, academic thought-leaders and international heads of state.
He has written and edited seven best-selling books, run with the bulls in Pamplona, trekked the 500-mile pilgrimage that is the Camino de Santiago, become a certified specialist of wine, and both succeeded and failed in the world of business.
Today, through his award-winning work with The EmpowerMentorship Institute, Dale helps men discover what they want from their lives and then empowers them to make a concrete plan to go do it.Favorite Success Quote “The aim of life is self development, to realize one’s nature perfectly”~Oscar Wilde Key Points
1. You Have to Take Your Masks Off
If you want to live your life to the fullest possible capacity, you have to take your masks off.
You can no longer live your life in-authentically to please others, you must be true to yourself and who you want to be. Do not allow social, familial or societal norms to govern who you are.
If you believe in something that is controversial or unpopular, voice your opinion. If you want to live your life in an uncommon or even frowned up way, do it! Don’t let anyone or anything stand in the way of you living your truth.
One of the most powerful tools in your arsenal for discovering yourself and your purpose is introspection.
In today’s busy world, we almost never have any time alone and in silence to spend with our thoughts. For Dale, he achieves this time by hiking, for you, it may be morning meditation, an ocean swim, or a long walk outside.
Do whatever you need to do to clear your mind and get the time you need to reflect on who you are, where you are going, and what you want out of life.
3. Get a Plan for Your Life
Once you have spent time in introspection, the next step is to develop a plan for your life.
Who do you want to be? What do you want to achieve? What legacy do you want to leave? Once you have the answer, write out a plan for yourself to get there.
Set goals and deadlines, challenge yourself and create a bulletproof plan for achieving the best life ever.
4. Break Your “Everest Goal” Down
When you are setting your plan, you will likely have an “Everest Goal” something that is incredibly far off and difficult to achieve.
It is important that you start on the path to this goal by setting smaller, six week goals, completing these small goals and then reassessing where you are with relation to the end.
5. Surround Yourself With the Right People
Now that you have clarity on who you are and what you want to achieve, you have a vision for who you want to be, and you have smaller goals set to help you achieve that vision, it is time to start surrounding yourself with people who can help you make that vision a reality.
Your social circle is one of the most important factors to your success. We all know the Jim Rohn quote that “You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with.” and it holds true with regards to your purpose.
Surround yourself with likeminded men and women who will help you and encourage you on your personal growth journey, who have been there, done that and can help you make sure that you don’t make the same mistakes.
Remember, who you associate with is who you become. Make sure you are associating with the right people.
6. Follow the Six Steps to Manliness
In the show, Dale shared with us the six key pillars to manliness. Whatever your personal definition of manliness is, all six of these will show up in your life in some way.
1. Purpose: Every man must have some purpose in his life bigger than himself, something he wants to accomplish before he dies that will leave a lasting legacy.
2. Balance: Every man need to have balance in his life. He must be sure to prioritize family and fun as much as he does his work.
3. Adventure: If you aren’t adventuring some, you aren’t living. Life was meant to be lived on the edge, not in a chair.
4. Sophistication: Find things that spark interest in you and pursue them with a passion.
5. Community: No man is an island, and having a support group of amazing people will be one of the greatest accelerators on your road to manliness.
6. Leisure: You only live once, have a little fun, relax a little, you don’t always have to be “on.” All work and no play is a sure fire way to live a boring life.
188 episodes available. A new episode about every 3 days averaging 42 mins duration .