Manage episode 175550374 series 1265716
In this episode, I catch up with Celena Roldan, Chicago & Northern Illinois CEO of the American Red Cross. Each year, this region responds to 1,200 natural and man-made disasters, and teaches more than a quarter million people in Chicagoland each year health, safety and disaster preparedness skills. Prior to joining Red Cross, Celena served as the Executive Director of Erie Neighborhood House.
We Learn About:
- American Red Cross’ work that goes beyond emergency response, including being a critical partner to home fire response in the region;
- Their efforts to go into neighborhoods and educate communities around fire safety;
- Work the Red Cross is doing to build trust among Latino families;
- What’s similar and different about her work at Erie and the Red Cross;
- Celena reflects on her time in Louisiana after catastrophic flooding; and
- Her thoughts on the importance of balance and self-care in non-profit work.
To learn more about the Chicago/Northern Illinois American Red Cross, visit: redcross.org
To support the American Red Cross: Click Here to DonateListen on iTunes
16 episodes available. A new episode about every 0 hours averaging 28 mins duration .