Manage episode 164020047 series 1265716
Today, we connect with Maria del Socorro Pesqueira, President and CEO of Mujeres Latinas en Acción. Founded in 1975, Mujeres empowers Latinas by providing services that reflect their values and culture and by being an advocate on the issues that make a difference in their lives. The agency serves as a beacon for Latinas and their families, serving over 8,000 community residents annually.
Maria is celebrating her 15th year as CEO Mujeres and offers some great insight on her experiences in that time.
We learn about:
- Mujeres' services in supporting women and families across Chicago
- Maria’s journey to the organization and her first experience with domestic violence
- The organization’s vision for how men can play an active role in ending domestic violence
- Maria’s approach to leadership, and why it’s personal, and
- Mujeres’ participation in the Purple Purse Challenge
Allstate Foundation, Purple Purse Challenge
SUPPORT MUJERES IN THE PURPLE PURSE CHALLENGE - DONATE HERE
To learn more about Mujeres, visit: mujereslatinasenaccion.org
To support Mujeres' mission, Click Here to DonateListen on iTunes
16 episodes available. A new episode about every 0 hours averaging 28 mins duration .