Manage episode 202148877 series 2097851
In this episode I talk with Pat Flynn, and he shares what introverts can do to best serve their audiences (I’m over here raising my hand because I am closer to the introvert side of the spectrum)! He also reveals his first experience with a hater and why he almost quit his business because of it. Pat also shares some recommendations for how people can stand out online in a crowded marketplace and so much more!
Pat is a father, husband, entrepreneur and host of The Smart Passive Income podcast, which I had the honor to be on just a few short years ago when I shared how to build a community online by hosting challenges to nurture your community (I packed all that up into my course, Build Your Challenge). He also has a podcast called Asked Pat, and between his two popular shows he’s had a combined total of over 50 million downloads!
Even though he has amazing numbers when it comes to his downloads and the revenue he’s been able to create, he is all about serving first and allowing the money to follow – which is what leading with love is all about.
WHAT YOU'LL HEAR (AND DON'T WANT TO MISS) IN THIS EPISODE
- How I was introduced to Pat’s work and the ways that it provided me inspiration for my own online business [4:15]
- How Pat is able to lead with love – even while being a self-described “numbers nerd” [7:43]
- What introverts can do to best serve their audiences [12:00]
- The decision by Pat to allow his 8 year-old son to start his own YouTube channel, and the family conversation around it [15:14]
- Pat’s first experience with a “hater” and why he almost quit his business because of it [17:22]
- His recommendations for how people can stand out online in a crowded marketplace [23:56]
- Some of the mistakes he’s made along the way – including the $15,000 lesson and what you can take from it [27:05]
- What Pat thought passive income was when he first started his business versus how he views it now [33:28]
- The ways he stays creatively inspired and why he still feels that podcasting is the #1 platform for crafting a message [38:45]
- Pat’s powerful mission and vision for entrepreneurship [45:15]
FIND full show notes at: http://jadahsellner.com/serve-first-money-will-follow-pat-flynn-108
49 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days averaging 49 mins duration .