Manage episode 196157643 series 1313912
In this episode, we talk with Claire Wasserman founder of Ladies Get Paid. The mission of Ladies Get Paid is to help women get promoted and get paid. Claire started the organization after working with a creative agency that helped creative women get work and realizing that her drive was to lift up women in all different circumstances. Claire talks about what Ladies Get Paid is doing now, what she sees as common challenges for women all over the country, and what she is hoping for in the future of Ladies Get Paid. We also end with some discussion about one of the most important people in a fempreneurs life. Hint: It’s not your clients, but a professional you can visit frequently to help you understand how you work best as a fempreneur. She thinks all of us should have one of these professionals in our lives.
- Ladies Get Paid uses Slack to connect women all over the world
- Each local Ladies Get Paid is run by an ambassador committee
- Claire describes Ladies Get Paid as being built “organically with great ambition.”
- Ladies Get Paid offers financial and salary negotiation workshops
- Most common challenges members have: imposter syndrome/self-doubt and women not supporting one another
- Claire says when negotiating your salary “You have to do your research. Come in with numbers and ask for the top number.”
- Claire’s advice for other fempreneurs: “Find a therapist, this is going to be a wild journey.”
Claire Wasserman is a community builder and an advocate for women in the workplace. She founded Ladies Get Paid, an organization that gives women the tools and support they need to rise up in their careers. Since launching over a year ago, LGP has grown to 10,000 members from all 50 states and more than 50 countries. She is a frequent speaker and moderator, focusing on challenges women face at their jobs. Claire is currently touring the country, hosting town halls for women to talk about self-worth, work, and getting paid.
105 episodes available. A new episode about every 9 days averaging 38 mins duration .