Manage episode 226097626 series 1313912
In this episode, we talk with Magalie Rene´ about how she went moved from Public Relations into a creative business, and then finally into coaching fempreneurs on finding their own shine. Magalie shares great tips on overcoming fears and taking the leap to find a career where you shine.
- Are you a hummingbird or a jackhammer? https://blogs.psychcentral.com/creative-mind/2015/11/elizabeth-gilbert-on-jackhammers-and-hummingbirds-and-creative-life/
- Trust your instinct, follow the breadcrumbs (signs of what you should be doing).
- Take a chance on things you might not feel are possible; don’t just say no.
- You have skills from all of your experiences to share, think about how those might be useful for new experiences, even if they aren’t in the same field.
- Hurdles many of the woman face in running their own business: fear, comparison to others, need for external affirmation or permission, fear of failure and success (fear of judgement)
- Overcoming fears: awareness, action, accountability
Magalie René is a Business Strategist, Speaker, Bestselling Author, and “Shine” Sourceress. Her Find Your Shine events and coaching practice helps entrepreneurs conquer their fears, shine in their business, and earn.
She has worked with companies like Heineken, HGTV, Kaiser Permanente, Fidelity Investments, and New York Life Insurance on marketing, public relations and brand ideation. Magalie also has firsthand knowledge of what it takes to career transition as she successfully facilitated her own in 2013 (launching her interior design company Consciously Design and writing bestselling book "Kid-Smart Spaces: Decorating a Classroom That Changes Lives").
When she’s not facilitating corporate brand ideations or speaking about Career Boldness and the pursuit of meaningful work, you can find her on a walk in her Los Angeles neighborhood of West Hollywood with her dog Prince.
The Feb 9th Find Your Shine event will be held in Los Angeles and promises to be an incredible experience. Details can be found at: bit.ly/FindYourShine2.Follow Magalie online at:
Follow Magalie @magalie_rene on instagram and www.magalierene.com.
Find Your Shine details bit.ly/FindYourShine2.
101 episodes available. A new episode about every 9 days averaging 37 mins duration .