Manage episode 230093832 series 1313912
In this episode of Lean the F*ck Out, we talk with Lisa Q. Fetterman, founder and CEO of Nomiku, about how she paired her love for amazing food and high-tech manufacturing to bring Nomiku to life. Lisa shares her adventures with Kickstarter; the story about how she has grown her sous vide aficionado business into a home staple; and gives advice to other women looking to lean the f*ck out and do their own thing.Pairing High-Tech Manufacturing with Good Food Episode Highlights:
- Kickstarter was a good choice for Fetterman because it was hard to get funding from investors and banks as an untested founder with a potentially risky concept.
- To build credibility for Kickstarter Fetterman toured the country participating in maker spaces.
- Manufacturing will always cost more than you think it will.
- The longer it takes, the more money you pay out.
- You are creating something the world has never seen before – you are creating the blueprint – that takes time.
- There is no shortcut around the development of a new product. It takes a lot of trial and error.
- Googling helps a lot when you are creating a new thing.
- Remember: the hard part is temporary. Survive.
- Is this the only thing in the world you can do and that you are good at that you enjoy doing? If the answer is yes - you should do it! If answer is no - do not do the fucking thing.
Lisa Q. Fetterman is the founder and CEO of Nomiku, the first home sous vide immersion circulator machine on the market. Lisa has been featured in Wired, MAKE, and Forbes, and was named on Forbes, Inc, and Zagat Survey’s 30 Under 30 lists for her pioneering work in the food space. Lisa has worked at some of the top restaurants in the country including Babbo and Jean-Georges in New York and Saison in San Francisco. She lives in San Francisco where she and her husband-cofounder have brought manufacturing back to the states with their new Wifi-Nomiku device. The new Nomiku Sous Chef program also ships food directly to your door and works seamlessly with their third generation made in USA product.You can find Lisa online at:
Website: nomiku.comDownload the FREE Lean the F*ck Out Launch Kit
If you are thinking about starting a business or side hustle, check out our Lean the F*ck Out Launch Kit. The kit gives you tools and inspiration to start thinking like a fempreneur and start designing the life you want! You’ll receive a guided meditation to help you figure out your vision, a budget worksheet to see what you need financially to make a go of it, daily practices including printable worksheets and daily affirmations to help you keep your head up when your confidence is waning. Again, it’s free and it’s available at leanthef-ckout.com/launchkit.
Music: Sunshine by The Icicles
101 episodes available. A new episode about every 9 days averaging 37 mins duration .