Manage episode 186593645 series 1440970
Synopsis: This week on “Learn Me Something,” Aaron and Rich delve into collateral damage, how the term is used in the media, and how language plays a vital roll in how horrific events are reported–including the need for more transparency in government.
Present: Aaron Stewart, Rich Plumb
- Bombing of Hamburg in World War II
- Civilian casualties from US drone strikes
- Collateral damage A brief history of U.S. mistakes at war
- Why Is the US Killing So Many Civilians in Syria and Iraq
- Let’s Resolve in the New Year to Stop Using That Expression About Breaking Eggs and Making Omelets
- How Many Dead Iraqis
- The way the Obama administration views civilian casualties from drones is exaggerating at best if not outright lies
- Ben Tre
Follow your hosts, guests, and the show on Twitter
- @LMSPodcast on Twitter
- Learn Me Something on Facebook
- @HologramRadio for updates on other interesting podcasts
Subscribe to Learn Me Something!
Download: Episode 17: Collateral Damage
45 episodes available. A new episode about every 6 days averaging 56 mins duration .