Manage episode 216812741 series 1440970
Synopsis: This week on “Learn Me Something,” Aaron and Rich delve into photosynthesis. We know that plants convert light energy into chemical energy that can later be released to fuel them, but there’s emerging science in this area that could make a significant impact for humanity.
Using nothing but sunlight as the energy input, plants perform massive energy conversions, turning 1,102 billion tons (1,000 billion metric tons) of CO2 into organic matter, i.e., energy for animals in the form of food, every year [source: Hunter]. And that’s only using 3 percent of the sunlight that reaches Earth
Make sure to signup for Audible today to get your FREE audio book and 30-day trial.
Please also check out our GoFundMe campaign as we’re trying to raise enough money to help cover our studio build costs.
Present: Aaron Stewart, Rich Plumb
- Scientists pioneer a new way to turn sunlight into fuel
- How Artificial Photosynthesis Works
- Scientists reveal technique to make ‘unlimited renewable energy’ by boosting photosynthesis using a ‘dormant’ chemical found in algae
- A New Reusable Energy Source Emerges, Artificial Photosynthesis
- Artificial Photosynthesis: A New Renewable Energy Source?
Follow your hosts, guests, and the show on Twitter
- @LMSPodcast on Twitter
- Learn Me Something on Facebook
- @HologramRadio for updates on other interesting podcasts
Subscribe to Learn Me Something!
- Get Learn Me Something on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Stitcher, TuneIn, RadioPublic, or via RSS.
Download: Episode 69: Photosynthesis
82 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days .