Manage episode 182863780 series 1440970
Synopsis: Is it true that Democrats used to be the conservative party and Republicans used to be the progressive party? This week on Learn Me Something, Rich and Aaron delve into American political party history to uncover the facts.
Present: Aaron Stewart, Rich Plumb
- When and (to an extent) why did the parties switch places?
- Lyndon Johnson
- Reactions to the New Deal
- Why Did the Democratic and Republican Parties Switch Platforms?
- Is it true that Democrats used to be the conservative party and Republicans used to be the progressive party?
- How Voter ID Laws Discriminate
Follow your hosts, guests, and the show on Twitter
- @LMSPodcast on Twitter
- Learn Me Something on Facebook
- @HologramRadio for updates on other interesting podcasts
Subscribe to Learn Me Something!
Download: Episode 10: The Political Switch
30 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days averaging 58 mins duration .