Manage episode 182004612 series 1440970
Synopsis: Epilepsy is a group of neurological disorders characterized by epileptic seizures. It’s more common than you think. In fact, it’s likely you’ve met someone who lives with it every day of their lives. This week, Approximately one percent of the world’s population has it. Aaron and Rich take you through what it all means, how those affected cope, how it’s diagnosed and treated, and what emerging research may uncover towards improved medication and treatment.
Present: Aaron Stewart, Rich Plumb
- Epilepsy triggers
- Epileptic seizure events
- History of epilepsy
- Living alone with epilepsy and how to stay safe
- The types of epileptic seizures
- What it’s like to have a seizure
- Symptoms and causes of epilepsy
- Epileptic seizures as described by Wikipedia
- Book: “My Daddy Has Epilepsy” by Stacey Chillemi
Follow your hosts, guests, and the show on Twitter
- @LMSPodcast on Twitter
- Learn Me Something on Facebook
- @HologramRadio for updates on other interesting podcasts
Subscribe to Learn Me Something!
30 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days averaging 58 mins duration .