Manage episode 282376971 series 87928
According to government sources, drug companies charge Americans more for prescription medications than other countries. In this episode, we talk about a new rule designed to close that gap and why some are pushing back against it. Leah D’Aurora Richardson from the law firm of K & L Gates explains the new rule and policies surrounding the issue.
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services fact sheet ‘Most Favored Nation Model for Medicare Part B Drugs and Biologicals Interim Final Rule with Comment Period’
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services post ‘Most Favored Nation Model’
- K&L Gates Hub article by Leah D’Aurora Richardson, Richard B. Church, and Victoria K. Hamscho ‘CMS Issues Most Favored Nation Model Interim Final Rule: What to Expect Next’
- House Ways & Means Committee report ‘A Painful Pill to Swallow: U.S. vs. International Prescription Drug Prices’
- National Law Review article by Leah D’Aurora Richardson, Richard B. Church, and Victoria K. Hamscho ‘Federal Courts Block Implementation of Most Favored Nation Drug Pricing Rule’