Manage episode 202159062 series 2136202
Jason Lauritsen hates work. It’s ironic that he is the one who tells companies how to fix work for their employees, and he’s pretty darn good at it. Some of the big topics Jason and Laurie tackle are the relationships, where change needs to start, and how to fix the situation you’re in right now.
- Why does Jason hate work? It’s simple. He can’t stand following leaders who have no idea where they’re going. Jason shares the personal problems he’s faced in dealing with employers versus in consulting. He also shares why many of his employers have offered him money to leave work.
- Work sucks for the rest of us, too. Jason has some very pointed reasons why this is so, and he puts words to what you’ve been feeling for a long time now. He provides some insights on why it’s happening, including the dissonance in how an employee sees work versus how an employer sees it: relationship versus contract.
- How many jobs have you had where your managers call the team a family but treat it like contract labor? While Laurie and Jason might have differing opinions on whether or not work CAN be a family-type situation, Jason has some interesting ideas defending the idea of family in the workplace.
- Laurie and Jason discuss a list of authors who are masters of psychology at work and similar fields; you’ll want to grab a pen and write these down: Dan Crosby, Dan Ariely, the Heath brothers, and more. Also, check out ‘What Color is Your Parachute.’
- If you’re stuck at a dream and you aren’t sure how to make the jump into entrepreneurism, then you need to hear what Jason has to say about it. It starts with a pen and a piece of paper, but are you willing to take the step right after that? Remember, it doesn’t have to be all or nothing, and Jason and Laurie explain how their hobbies became side hustles, which became careers.
- What does it take to do Jason’s job? He gives some tips on speaking, on being an entrepreneur, the precarious balance between content and art, and more.
We hope you enjoyed this episode! If so, please subscribe and leave a review! Let’s fix work, together.
39 episodes available. A new episode about every 6 days averaging 34 mins duration .