Manage episode 251235048 series 2360801
As entrepreneurs, social media can be the thing that sets us apart from the competition in the eyes of our potential clients. What are the biggest barriers to posting, and how do we overcome them? How do we build visibility and impact with social media? What tools can we use to put out valuable and relevant content?
On this episode, real estate agent and marketing expert, Carlos G, shares how agents can start winning the social media game.
Social media doesn’t change the fact that you have to get up everyday and generate new business and follow up, but you also need to add in the layer of visibility, presence and content. -Brendon Payne
Takeaways + Tactics
- Social media doesn’t make the grind, lead generation and follow up unnecessary, but not having that presence takes away from our relevance and could mean us losing out to an agent who has it.
- When we meet people in person, we look the way we look and we sound the way we sound. There’s nothing different when we’re on video.
- If we want to figure out what we believe, all we have to do is look at what we’ve got. If we want more, we have to change something.
- Our social media content should be 90% value and 10% entertainment.
At the start of the show, Carlos shared how he got into real estate, and how attention is the most challenging thing for entrepreneurs to capture online. Next, we talked about the 3 things entrepreneurs need to have to be able to succeed and how to use social media as a megaphone. We talked about why we shouldn’t approach social media like celebrities do, and the steps we can take to get started on social media.
We also talked about:
- Why social media isn’t a magic pill for success in real estate
- How to build visibility and impact
- How to overcome the fear of putting content out online
Carlos is an entrepreneur, real estate coach and podcast host. He is the founder of Get the Attention, a service that helps real estate agents hone their sales and marketing skills. For more information, visit https://www.gettheattention.com/ and look for his podcast, Get the Attention.