Manage episode 224111959 series 1610591
Life in Norway Show Episode 18: Referee Bobby Madley from Premier League to Norway
A look at the first few weeks in Oslo for Bobby Madley, who has hung up his referee's whistle in England's Premier League to give life in the Norwegian capital a go.
Full show notes: https://www.lifeinnorway.net/episode18/
He moved to join his Norwegian girlfriend in Oslo and has already met with the Norwegian Football Federation to discuss his hopes for officiating in the Norwegian football system.
Brand New in Oslo
While we do talk about football on the show, we also talk about his first impressions of life in Oslo.
As I first moved to Oslo back in 2011 it's really difficult for me to advise newcomers because things have changed so much, so I was really keen to hear of Bobby's own experiences in 2018.
Some of the topics we cover on the show include:
- Why Bobby chose to move to Norway
- His first impressions of Oslo as a place to live
- The biggest differences between British life and Norwegian life
- The differences between football in England and Norway
- His hopes to referee in Norway and how he plans to deal with the language barrier
- Bobby's plans for the winter off-season in Norway
- The surprising reason why Bobby can't ski yet despite being a sports fan
28 episodes available. A new episode about every 21 days averaging 31 mins duration .