Manage episode 278972021 series 2359262
Jeremy Enns shares how niching down his business helped him gain more clarity and revenue.
He s the founder of Counterweight Creative, a podcast marketing and production agency with a focus on the health and wellness space.
Lot of great lessons in our conversation including:
- Why you need to shun the nonbelievers from your business life.
- How he fell into his current niche of health and wellness.
- What the Niche Tribe Model is all about.
- How niching down your business increases your referrals.
- How you can focus on niche mindsets and not just industries.
Life Skills That Matter In This Episode
- Build community.
- Self-directed learning.
- Tell your story.
How Jeremy Works and Thinks
- Wake up time: About 7:00 am
- Ideal work environment: From 8:00 am – 12:00 pm, currently in a private office with fewer distractions, and a clear separation between his work and personal spaces.
- Podcast recommendation: Akimbo by Seth Godin and Creative Elements by Jay Clouse
- Regains focus by: Noticing he’s not doing what he needs to do and pulling himself back towards the task at hand or just going for a walk.
“Don’t try and please everyone, shun the non-believers, and just really put your energy and attention into the people who you actually have that connection with.”
“When you niche down and you say, ‘this is the exact person I work with, this is the exact service I offer or product I offer,’ whatever it is, that really empowers other people around you, that’s memorable for them.”
“Who do I want to attract, who do I want to serve, and then what kind of content are they gonna be into or where are they underserved?”
“A lot of my passion around business is using our businesses to do more than just deliver a product or service, but actually impact and make a stand for social change and standing up for climate justice and these types of things.”
Want to start a podcast? Jeremy shared this advice:
1) Get clear on who you actually want to appeal to and niche it down as much as possible.
2) Niche down to the point where you can conceivably become the best option in the world to speak to that audience.
Resources + Bonus Materials
Jeremy’s Podcast Guesting Guide
Connect With Jeremy