Manage episode 242032627 series 63376
Lane Kennedy was a guest on this podcast back on episode 128. At that time she shared with us how Western medicine let her down, how she became a biohacker, the values of mindfullness and stopping to smell the roses and how she benefited from CBD. In this episode, Lane shares her new book, how she has found harmony in her life and how a form of meditation has changed her life and allowed her to thrive, not simply survive.
Lane Kennedy began a successful modeling career in her early years and was graced with the gift of sobriety in her twenties. She’s traveled the globe, founded successful companies, and pushed against the glass ceiling. As a seeker, she reached to harness the power of human potential. She became a graduate of the Neuroscience Academy of Australia. Was one of the first graduates of well known “bio-hacker’, Dave Asprey’s Certified High-Performance Coaching program, and was first up to complete Dr. Sara Gottfried’s practitioner course, The Hormone Cure.
She then became certified in Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) to compliment her decades-long meditation practice. She discovered a not very popular, yet ancient form of meditation called Yoga Nidra, sometimes referred to as Yogic Sleep. She enrolled in two separate programs to become a certified Yoga Nidra teacher. Yoga Nidra is the deepest, most profound, form of meditation she has yet to experience. It has given her her freedom – freedom from overthinking, freedom to rest, and the space to allow more love into her life. In service to others, she shares meditation with everyone.
Her clients include Department of Defense, The SF Police Academy, Zuckerberg General Hospital, and many private clients. She is honored with helping others tame the mind, de-stress, eliminate anxiety and sleep more deeply.
In This Episode, You Will Learn
- A few different types of meditation
- What yoga nidra is
- Why Lane likes yoga nidra and how you might benefit from it
- How yoga nidra can help evolve your brain
- About her new book “Grace Happens”
- How to get what you want while keeping your ego in check
- About the value of your values
- How to relieve insomnia
Links and Resources for This Episode
- Life Fit Podcast episode 128 “How CBD Changed My Life” with Lane Kennedy
- FREE Yoga Nidra Practice with Lane
You Might Also Like
- Be your own yoga teacher, episode 122
- The very many benefits of yoga for fitness
- Unlock unlimited power and happiness with Pamela Gold
- Meditate your weight with Tiffany Cruikshank
Thanks for Listening