Manage episode 228565113 series 2316332
Mike is a builder. From a young age he loved building with wood, Legos, and whatever else he could get his hands on. This passion for creating led him to become an independent developer and host of a (since discontinued) podcast, “The Grumpy Developer.”
The idea for MemberVault stemmed from his wife’s dissatisfaction with the online course tools that were available. Being boxed into the traditional companies and plugins, Mike thought that he could create something better for his wife’s needs.
Three years later, Mike and Erin are still working together on MemberVault, adding new users and features all the time.
Today, MemberVault houses content for their users, giving them tools to convert followers to paying customers without being pushy, impersonal, or formulaic.
“It’s all about getting the eyeballs in, getting them engaged. The more they engage, the more trust they build. The more trust they build, the more willing they are to buy from you.”
In this episode Mike talks about:
- How to engage your customers and learn more about who they are and how to get them to the next step to work with you
- Figuring out your business’s KPIs and why more leads isn’t always the best solution
- What’s wrong with the traditional sales funnel system
- Working with your spouse and striking a good balance between work and home life
- People, if given the option, would rather view all your content, look at your products in depth, and choose which ones to buy instead of being lead step-by-step and put in a “waiting period” before being able to move ahead with the purchase.
- Figuring out incentives, rewards, and analyzing your own way of doing things is crucial in getting people to convert.
- Sales funnels have become impersonal, formulaic, cold, and pushy. However, building relationships with customers is far more important.
- Working with your spouse can be difficult if you don’t have separate ownership areas. Split your responsibilities and let each person own their sector and be the final call on that subject.
Important Mentions in this Episode
64 episodes available. A new episode about every 10 days averaging 39 mins duration .