Manage episode 229568596 series 2316332
Jared started off in web design by doing websites for local practitioners and friends. Over time, he realized he was getting a lot of referrals, and a lightbulb went off as he realized how he could scale his business.
Though he didn’t necessarily think about niching down initially, his main client base was made up of small businesses and solo entrepreneurs, and the sites he worked on ranged from redesigns to greenfield projects.
In order to scale his business, Jared build processes to help him screen clients and make sure they’re a good fit for him and his team. This takes a lot of time. But because his service is so high touch - letting the client be in on the entire design process - he found it a critical piece of ensuring that the clients he works with get what he’s doing and aren’t going to disrupt the process.
Jared has built a solid team to help deliver his unique website design service — one that lets the client help design via screen share.
In this episode Jared talks about:
- How he screens clients to make sure they are a good fit for his business
- The challenges he faces working directly with clients and letting them in on the design process
- How Jared set up a good system for guiding clients to the finish line and how he hopes to improve on it
- People need to earn the right to work with you as a professional. If they are too demanding or too detailed oriented, it will be harder to deliver the product you promised them.
- Set client expectations and boundaries up front. People who work with you need to know what they will be getting and how much access to you they will get.
- Put a process in place to help move you projects along swiftly. There are a lot of tools out there that can help your business run smoothly.
Important Mentions in this Episode
55 episodes available. A new episode about every 15 days averaging 34 mins duration .